Identify that composer's PICTURE game!

Started by Rhymenoceros, October 09, 2017, 01:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on October 26, 2017, 07:10:35 AM
My turn will come soon, so beware! I'm already preparing my revenge.   :laugh:

Still stumped on the composer I linked, eh? ;)

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 26, 2017, 07:57:57 AM
Still stumped on the composer I linked, eh? ;)

I found him with Google Image Search right away. Had no patience to try to guess him, which would have been impossible anyway.
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on October 26, 2017, 08:00:03 AM
I found him with Google Image Search right away. Had no patience to try to guess him, which would have been impossible anyway.

So, who is the composer then?

Turner

Quote from: Christo on October 26, 2017, 07:51:23 AM
Nope. Nobody there knows him either; he's Gagauz (i.e. Turkish speaking, but Orthodox minority) ...
Ok, then there's probably some way to go yet. But you must admit that this was a start 8)

Florestan

Florestan

There, my turn again.

These two brothers grew up to be musicians. One very famous, one very obscure. Who is the famous one, who is the obscure one?

EDIT: this is the only hint I'll give.  ;D

André

Quote from: Florestan on October 26, 2017, 08:00:03 AM

Does everybody do that?  ???

Cheats !

Turner

Quote from: André on October 26, 2017, 01:09:15 PM

Cheats !

I know the option exists, but no. For one thing, realizing one's limits regarding that obscure material isn't really embarrassing, or a personal disaster. Secondly, I like and prefer tracing the clues - the pictures themselves will only now and then 'ring a bell' (such as the painting of Benoit).

André

Thanks, that's better. I enjoy the search, but prefer to give up if I can't find the image.

Turner

Quote from: André on October 26, 2017, 01:40:06 PM
Thanks, that's better. I enjoy the search, but prefer to give up if I can't find the image.

Same here, also I prefer certain genres/subjects.

kishnevi

Quote from: André on October 26, 2017, 01:09:15 PM

Cheats !

I did it but only posted another clue to his identity.
I tried it now for Florestan's pair of brothers, but Florestan was especially diabolical with this one: Google's response was "best guess for this image: family". :P

Mirror Image

I don't really understand the need for Andrei to cheat (or whoever else is doing it). It's one thing if the link pictured has the composer's name in it, which Andrei unfortunately had in one of his pictures, but to go out of your way and search the image isn't really fair and takes the fun out of it. There's no harm in saying "I have no idea who that composer is." I've said this several times already.

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 26, 2017, 05:55:44 PM
I don't really understand the need for Andrei to cheat (or whoever else is doing it).

Cheating is naming the composer as if you guessed, when in fact you googled the picture. That's not what I did. I didn't disclosed the composer's name until you specifically asked me to do it.  :)

Florestan

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on October 26, 2017, 02:03:39 PM
I tried it now for Florestan's pair of brothers, but Florestan was especially diabolical with this one: Google's response was "best guess for this image: family". :P

Well, that was yesterday. Google's response to my searching my own image today was "best guess for this image: portrait". They're probably working on the riddle, too.  :laugh:

Spineur

It looks like the tread got stuck by Florestan.  Here is one that is far easier as all GMG members know this composer name even though few are familiar with his work (this is a hint).

Florestan

Florestan

Spineur

Quote from: Florestan on October 28, 2017, 06:00:32 AM
Ah, yes, Rodolphe Kreutzer.
So you see it was easy.  And everybody did listen to Kreutzer sonata but not so many to La mort d'Abel.  A pity because it is a beautiful piece of music especially in its revised 1828 form.

Florestan

Quote from: Spineur on October 28, 2017, 06:07:08 AM
So you see it was easy.  And everybody did listen to Kreutzer sonata but not so many to La mort d'Abel.  A pity because it is a beautiful piece of music especially in its revised 1828 form.

Any rec for that?

This is what I have by him:

but I can't remember the last time I listened to them, if at all.  :)

TD: the two brothers are still waiting for being identified.  :laugh:

Hint: what do children do after the first snow?