Identify that composer's PICTURE game!

Started by Rhymenoceros, October 09, 2017, 01:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

André

Thanks Rafael!
I have no idea if this will be detectable to google imagists, but what can one do? To compound the problem, I have no idea if the url is detectable as well.

So, here goes:

André

Time for a hint:

This composer is well known in his country and well known to the general disc buying public too: all his symphonies have been recorded on a major label.

Mirror Image

Quote from: André on November 10, 2017, 04:31:38 PM
Time for a hint:

This composer is well known in his country and well known to the general disc buying public too: all his symphonies have been recorded on a major label.

Guarnieri?

André

Yes ! You didn't use artificial intelligence, did you ?  :D

Mirror Image

Quote from: André on November 10, 2017, 05:24:13 PM
Yes ! You didn't use artificial intelligence, did you ?  :D

No, but I'm familiar with the Brazilian artist who painted the composer.

André

Wahhh ! And I thought using a painting would prove more difficult than a photography !

Mirror Image

So yay...I suppose it's my turn :) -

Who is this composer?

kyjo

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

Florestan

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Turner

Those huge glasses hide a lot, but it seems that it could perhaps be Isang Yun.

Florestan

Quote from: ritter on November 10, 2017, 01:23:47 PM
I insist, compared to him, Italo Montemezzi seems as famous as Michael Jackson...

Given that nobody but you heard about IM and nobody but me heard about EOyR, I'd say they are equally famous, in any case much less than Rudolf Tobias, about whom no less than two people have heard.  :laugh:
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

ritter

Mirror Image

Quote from: Turner on November 10, 2017, 09:23:53 PM
Those huge glasses hide a lot, but it seems that it could perhaps be Isang Yun.

Nope. Not even close.

Mirror Image

I suppose I could give a hint: he was a prominent composer in his country. He studied under Chávez and even Copland while he attended Tanglewood.

André

Quote from: Florestan on November 11, 2017, 01:58:57 AM
Given that nobody but you heard about IM and nobody but me heard about EOyR, I'd say they are equally famous, in any case much less than Rudolf Tobias, about whom no less than two people have heard.  :laugh:

I have a few works by him, he's featured in the Chandos Music from Estonia series. I think he is a very good composer. But I never saw him pictured anywhere !

André

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 11, 2017, 05:45:03 AM
I suppose I could give a hint: he was a prominent composer in his country. He studied under Chávez and even Copland while he attended Tanglewood.

He has a very dark complexion. My first guess was that he was egyptian, but this clue seems to point to a latin american origin.

Florestan