Identify that composer's PICTURE game!

Started by Rhymenoceros, October 09, 2017, 01:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ritter

Quote from: Florestan on November 17, 2017, 06:00:12 AM
Then that background should be Frankfurt am Main, I suppose. But as to "relatively often discussed here" I disagree.
The background is not FFM, it's Amorbach in Lower Franconia, where young Teddy spent his summers. The picture is from the cover of this book:

He has been discussed quite often. A quick search gives 79 hits (some of them are messages posted by...erm...a certain Florestan  :D ).

As for his music, it's very stern twelve-tone stuff, interesting if you like that kind of thing (I do  ;) ). Recordings of Adorno's music in my collection:

Your turn, mein lieber Andrei!

Florestan

Quote from: ritter on November 17, 2017, 06:13:05 AM
He has been discussed quite often. A quick search gives 79 hits (some of them are messages posted by...erm..a certain Florestan  :D ).

Yes, I did discuss him (tangentially) with Mr. Croche on one occasion. But if his 79 GMG hits mean he's discussed relatively often, then Nietzsche with 203 hits is one of the main topics.  :laugh:

My man is below.
Si un hombre nunca se contradice será porque nunca dice nada. —Miguel de Unamuno

bwv 1080

Florestan

Si un hombre nunca se contradice será porque nunca dice nada. —Miguel de Unamuno

bwv 1080

No, got lucky on Google

Here is mine:

Florestan

bwv 1080

This little guy had alot of trouble staying awake

Florestan

Florestan

bwv 1080

Florestan

Quote from: bwv 1080 on November 17, 2017, 09:52:46 AM
The first hint is a big one

I'm sure. I just tried my best with Google to find a composer who was narcoleptic as a child. No meaningful result except Cobain was suppposedly narcoleptic in older age.  :laugh:

bwv 1080

Quote from: Florestan on November 17, 2017, 10:03:55 AM
I'm sure. I just tried my best with Google to find a composer who was narcoleptic as a child. No meaningful result except Cobain was suppposedly narcoleptic in older age.  :laugh:

yes, no opiates involved here

Florestan

bwv 1080

he even had trouble staying awake when his city was being bombed

Mahlerian

"l do not consider my music as atonal, but rather as non-tonal. I feel the unity of all keys. Atonal music by modern composers admits of no key at all, no feeling of any definite center." - Arnold Schoenberg

bwv 1080