Identify that composer's PICTURE game!

Started by Rhymenoceros, October 09, 2017, 01:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ritter

That's Ondrej Adamek...I recognize him from the Boulez in Lucerne documentary...

Florestan

Quote from: ritter on November 25, 2017, 12:10:00 PM
That's Ondrej Adamek...I recognize him from the Boulez in Lucerne documentary...

I can feel yet another oscurissimo Italian composer-conductor popping up soon...  :laugh:
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

ritter

Quote from: Florestan on November 25, 2017, 12:15:54 PM
I can feel yet another oscurissimo Italian composer-conductor popping up soon...  :laugh:
No...let's go for something completely different this time (unless I'm wrong about Crudblud's riddle, but I think I got him right).

Who can this gentleman be?

Florestan

Quote from: ritter on November 25, 2017, 12:34:08 PM
something completely different this time

And yet he looks quite Italian to me.  :laugh:
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Spineur

Quote from: Florestan on November 25, 2017, 12:51:25 PM
And yet he looks quite Italian to me.  :laugh:
Not the way he dresses.  A scottish tartan shirt, and a zipped sweater, that is a no-no for an italian.

nodogen

Crudblud

It is indeed Adamek in my picture.

I want to say Cristóbal Halffter for ritter's picture, but I don't actually know what he looks like. I just have a sneaking feeling.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Crudblud on November 25, 2017, 03:55:13 PM
I want to say Cristóbal Halffter for ritter's picture, but I don't actually know what he looks like. I just have a sneaking feeling.

Close, I believe Cristóbal Halffter still has all of his hair. ;) It's Ernesto Halfftner in Rafael's photo.

Crudblud

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 25, 2017, 05:16:01 PM
Close, I believe Cristóbal Halffter still has all of his hair. ;) It's Ernesto Halfftner in Rafael's photo.

His uncle! Well, same family isn't so bad.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Crudblud on November 25, 2017, 05:29:03 PM
His uncle! Well, same family isn't so bad.

:D

I guess it's my turn...it's time to stump these people! >:D

Florestan

We need a hint, John.

Looks a little like a very young Dinu Lipatti but I don't think it's him.

Spineur

He looks british to me, more like a young R. Vaughan Williams.

ritter

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 25, 2017, 05:16:01 PM
Right on all counts, John:)

Quote from: nodogen on November 25, 2017, 02:56:09 PM
...in the sense of...
Ernesto Halffter was Falla"s only student, a close collaborator, and dedicated almost 30 years of his life to completing Falla's final work Atlántida (which I strongly recommend to all who haven't explored it...a fascinating piece of music),

The Halffters (brothers Ernesto and Rodolfo, and nephew to both Cristóbal) were once dubbed "the most significant musical family saga since the Bachs" (or something to that effect).

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on November 25, 2017, 11:34:52 PM
We need a hint, John.

Looks a little like a very young Dinu Lipatti but I don't think it's him.

Alight, but to make it difficult, I will only provide one clue: this composer became an international success after the premiere of possibly his best-known opera at the Salzburg Festival.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Spineur on November 26, 2017, 12:35:08 AM
He looks british to me, more like a young R. Vaughan Williams.

Nope, but I won't say whether he's British or not.

Christo

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 26, 2017, 05:07:01 AMNope, but I won't say whether he's British or not.
Benjamin Britten as a 'young person', perhaps?
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Spineur

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 26, 2017, 05:07:01 AM
Nope, but I won't say whether he's British or not.
So if he is not in a UK private school, than he must be in one of those swiss school for the wealthy.