Identify that composer's PICTURE game!

Started by Rhymenoceros, October 09, 2017, 01:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on November 27, 2017, 10:01:59 AM
How did you find him? Are you a fan?  :laugh:

Not a fan just went on a hunch since I saw you listening to his music in the 'Listening' thread.

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 27, 2017, 10:02:53 AM
Not a fan just went on a hunch since I saw you listening to his music in the 'Listening' thread.

;)
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Florestan

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Mirror Image

Florestan

Florestan

So, who is this composer?

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on November 27, 2017, 10:55:06 AM
No, I used your hint.

Then you must have seen his half-brother's illustrations before?

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 27, 2017, 11:02:56 AM
Then you must have seen his half-brother's illustrations before?

Never heard about his brother until today.

Mirror Image

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 27, 2017, 11:10:53 AM
So how did you find out?

I googled "composer half brother painter". On page two I found the Wikipedia article about Ferdinand von Reznicek.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on November 27, 2017, 11:14:28 AM
I googled "composer half brother painter". On page two I found the Wikipedia article about Ferdinand von Reznicek.

Okay, so, without Google, you wouldn't have known who the composer was. Gotcha.

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 27, 2017, 11:16:30 AM
Okay, so, without Google, you wouldn't have known who the composer was. Gotcha.

Of course. And if you think I'm the only one who uses Google for research, you're dead wrong. It's the 21th century, John, get used to it.  :D

And at least I use it properly. You got from it Perez Ayala instead of Blas Galindo.  >:D

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on November 27, 2017, 11:19:13 AMOf course. And if you think I'm the only one who uses Google for research, you're dead wrong. It's the 21th century, John, get used to it.  :D

And at least I use it properly. You got from it Perez Ayala instead of Blas Galindo.  >:D

I'm sure you never lost a game of Charades either. (In the softest whisper imaginable) "The answer is The Iceman Cometh". :laugh:

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 27, 2017, 11:24:12 AM
I'm sure you never lost a game of Charades either.

What's that?

A reminder of my new riddle below.

Florestan

Mirror Image

Florestan

I'm off to bed. Hint(s) to come in about 12 hours time.  :D

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on November 27, 2017, 11:52:15 AM
I'm off to bed. Hint(s) to come in about 12 hours time.  :D

Not necessary. It's Artur Schnabel. If it's not, damn! :)

Florestan

There is some resemblance between them but nope.

He started by composing in a cosmopolitan style but later switched to a more modern idiom adorned with a fair dose of nationalism.

He has some things in common with two composers previously posted here.

Last but not least, I have a 2-volume series of his music, released by a famous label.