Hello from Belgium

Started by Chappie, November 07, 2017, 05:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chappie

Hello everyone ! :D

I'm Chappie and I live in the south of Belgium. I'm originally from France :) I'm 23 years old !

I play the piano since I was 7 years old. I enjoyed composing music for a long time. However, I had to stop praticing for the last three years in order to stay focused on my studies.

Obviously I recently found out that I just missed it too much, so I'm back to it, and here I am ! :)

My favorite classical composers are Dvorak, Tchaikovsky, Purcell, Berlioz and above all Jacques Offenbach. :) I love operettas.

Besides Classical Music, I listen to symphonic metal a lot. :)

That's it ! I'm looking forward to meeting you :)

Have a nice day !

Chappie

mc ukrneal

Welcome! Offenbach is one of my favorites too - there aren't many of us! :)
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Mirror Image

Welcome aboard, Chappie! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Hollywood

Howdy Chappie. Greetings from Beethoven's Vienna. Welcome to the forum.  8)
"There are far worse things awaiting man than death."

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

You did it

Quote from: Chappie on November 07, 2017, 05:59:34 PM
Hello everyone ! :D

I'm Chappie and I live in the south of Belgium. I'm originally from France :) I'm 23 years old !

I play the piano since I was 7 years old. I enjoyed composing music for a long time. However, I had to stop praticing for the last three years in order to stay focused on my studies.

Obviously I recently found out that I just missed it too much, so I'm back to it, and here I am ! :)

My favorite classical composers are Dvorak, Tchaikovsky, Purcell, Berlioz and above all Jacques Offenbach. :) I love operettas.

Besides Classical Music, I listen to symphonic metal a lot. :)

That's it ! I'm looking forward to meeting you :)

Have a nice day !

Chappie

Welcome!

I'm also a part time metalhead, a piece of my musical identity.
What kind of symphonic metal? Nightwish, Avantasia and Rhapsody of fire are awesome. Depends if you count power metal in too, in which I'd add classics from Helloween and Stratovarius  8)

Chappie

Thank you very much for this welcome, Mc Ukrneal, Mirror Image, Hollywood & Le Moderniste !!  ;D

QuoteI'm also a part time metalhead, a piece of my musical identity.
What kind of symphonic metal? Nightwish, Avantasia and Rhapsody of fire are awesome. Depends if you count power metal in too, in which I'd add classics from Helloween and Stratovarius

Glad to know I have some company concerning that kind of music ;D I completely love Nightwish and a bit Rhapsody of Fire. I don't know Avantasia/Helloween and Stratovarius very well, so I'm just gonna add them to my playlist and I'll tell you what !  ;D

Nightwish aside, my favorite bands are Epica, Whyzdom, Diablo Swing Orchestra and Eluveitie  :) Do you know them ?

QuoteWelcome! Offenbach is one of my favorites too - there aren't many of us! :)

Thanks ! I know right :) What is your favorite opera from him ?  ;)

Have a nice day !!

Kind regards
Chappie

bhodges

Quote from: Chappie on November 07, 2017, 05:59:34 PM

Hi Chappie, and welcome! Nice list there, and as far as Offenbach goes, what's not to like? I am particularly fond of this production of Orpheus in the Underworld, directed by the late Herbert Wernicke at La Monnaie in Brussels.

[asin]B0000687DW[/asin]

In any case, enjoy your time here.

--Bruce

You did it

Quote from: Chappie on November 08, 2017, 08:38:54 PM
Glad to know I have some company concerning that kind of music ;D I completely love Nightwish and a bit Rhapsody of Fire. I don't know Avantasia/Helloween and Stratovarius very well, so I'm just gonna add them to my playlist and I'll tell you what !  ;D

Nightwish aside, my favorite bands are Epica, Whyzdom, Diablo Swing Orchestra and Eluveitie  :) Do you know them ?

I know Epica and Diablo Swing Orchestra (who are fucking awesome Btw)

You should add Ayreon to your list, it's not symphonic metal per se (more prog rock/metal) but the guy who runs the project (its not a band) works with quite a few symphonic metal, power metal and Gothic metal singers, it's a giant scifi opera.

aligreto

Welcome aboard and enjoy the forum  :)

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Scion7

Welcome.
By 2025, 75% of Begium will be part of the British Empire (all part of the expansion program once we get the Royal Navy where it should be.)
Vandermolen and I will begin to acclimate you to early and mid-20th century British composers .  . .
When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."