Can't copy/paste images in Edge

Started by Kontrapunctus, March 23, 2018, 08:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kontrapunctus

To share the CD/LP image of what I'm currently listening to when using Chrome or Firefox, I right click and select Copy Image Address and paste it into the message window. Microsoft Edge only offers Copy when I right click, but nothing happens when I paste. Is there another procedure I should use with Edge? Thanks.

motoboy

I have tried and tried to get cozy with Edge, but it is simply too ornery and stultifying. IE is not much use to me anymore either. I use Chrome and Firefox for everything now.

Jaakko Keskinen

And this is why I abandoned Edge for good.
"Javert, though frightful, had nothing ignoble about him. Probity, sincerity, candor, conviction, the sense of duty, are things which may become hideous when wrongly directed; but which, even when hideous, remain grand."

- Victor Hugo

Mirror Image

I have an Apple Macbook and use Safari. I have had zero problems using copy-and-paste.

Kontrapunctus

Quote from: Mirror Image on March 24, 2018, 07:59:23 AM
I have an Apple Macbook and use Safari. I have had zero problems using copy-and-paste.
I have no problems with the other browsers on my Windows 10 PC, just Edge.

Baron Scarpia

It doesn't give you the option of copying the link or copying the image itself? Why would you want to use a browser that doesn't have basic functionality that every other browser has? Like going back to Mosaic.

drogulus

Wow, I had no idea Edge was this bad! I thought it would be IE bad, but this is a whole other level of badness. Anyway I tried to copy/paste an image from Edge to my beloved Pale Moon and it simply will not work. Furthermore the problem goes back to 2015 at least and MS is keeping radio silence as profound as Yahoo Customer Care, which causes mental problems in the heartiest subjects.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Kontrapunctus

Quote from: Baron Scarpia on March 24, 2018, 09:06:26 AM
It doesn't give you the option of copying the link or copying the image itself? Why would you want to use a browser that doesn't have basic functionality that every other browser has? Like going back to Mosaic.
No, just a generic "Copy" option for images. I do like its speed and reliability (It rarely freezes, for instance), but the inability to share images is frustrating. I'll probably stick with Firefox.

Baron Scarpia

Quote from: Toccata&Fugue on March 24, 2018, 11:46:42 AM
No, just a generic "Copy" option for images. I do like its speed and reliability (It rarely freezes, for instance), but the inability to share images is frustrating. I'll probably stick with Firefox.

The only browser that ever "freezes" for me is IE (which I have to use for some work tasks). Safari, Chrome (which I use heavily) and Firefox (which I use sometimes) don't have that problem, in my experience.

XB-70 Valkyrie

There's a reason IE (Edge or whatever) is called "the leading browser for downloading other browsers".
If you really dislike Bach you keep quiet about it! - Andras Schiff

mc ukrneal

Try this: Select 'ask bing about this picture', click on 'see full size image' and it will open a new tab for the image (which has the link you want in the address). Highlight, copy, and paste.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Omicron9

I have no issues copying images from Edge, but I don't use the copy address option.  There is a "Copy" option when you right-click an image.  That works (for me) flawlessly.
"Signature-line free since 2017!"