Season's Greetings

Started by vandermolen, December 22, 2017, 12:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on December 22, 2017, 11:06:08 AM
Gloria in excelsis Deo et in terra pax hominibus bonæ voluntatis!

Merry Christmas everyone! May God grant you all, and your loved ones as well, a long and prosperous life, full of love, peace, joy and good music! Kindest regards and warmest wishes from Romania!

Very kind of you, Andrei. I wish you the same.

Ken B

Quote from: kyjo on December 22, 2017, 05:08:12 PM
Happy holidays to all! :) So glad I decided to return to GMG a couple months ago - and thanks everyone for listening to my rants about how much I love Atterberg and Braga Santos ;D

Anyone who disses La Mer can rant all he wants IMO  ;)

Seriously Atterberg is terrific. I got his complete symphonies by accident, the vendor sent the wrong thing, and it turned out to be one of my best "purchases" of the year!

kyjo

Quote from: Ken B on December 22, 2017, 06:14:53 PM
Anyone who disses La Mer can rant all he wants IMO  ;)

Seriously Atterberg is terrific. I got his complete symphonies by accident, the vendor sent the wrong thing, and it turned out to be one of my best "purchases" of the year!

;D

Well, what a fortunate "accident"! ;) So glad you've enjoyed that set - it may be the single most treasured item in my collection :)
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

Hollywood

Season's Greetings to everyone here in GMG Land!

"There are far worse things awaiting man than death."

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

vandermolen

Quote from: kyjo on December 22, 2017, 05:08:12 PM
Happy holidays to all! :) So glad I decided to return to GMG a couple months ago - and thanks everyone for listening to my rants about how much I love Atterberg and Braga Santos ;D

Two of my favourite composers - I too am delighted that you returned, Phoenix-like, to the forum Kyle!

Happy holidays to you.

:)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

kyjo

Quote from: vandermolen on December 22, 2017, 11:24:11 PM
Two of my favourite composers - I too am delighted that you returned, Phoenix-like, to the forum Kyle!

Happy holidays to you.

:)

Thank you, Jeffrey :)
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

GioCar

Wishing you all a very happy festive season!

Holden

A Merry Christmas and happy festive season to everyone at GMG. A time of year for families, especially children and a general feeling of goodwill towards all. With this in mind we need Christmas all year round.
Cheers

Holden

zamyrabyrd

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one."

― Charles MacKay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

vandermolen

Quote from: Holden on December 24, 2017, 03:26:23 PM
A Merry Christmas and happy festive season to everyone at GMG. A time of year for families, especially children and a general feeling of goodwill towards all. With this in mind we need Christmas all year round.
😀
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Biffo

Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year to all

Cato

Merry Christmas!

A Christmas for Shacktown by one of Walt Disney's original animators, Carl Barks, was put in charge of the comic books, and he created new settings and new characters, like the great Scrooge McDuck, and gave Donald Duck and Huey, Dewey, and Louie expanded and complex personalities.

From 1952:

https://www.youtube.com/v/2DhqERuJlAk
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

North Star

Quote from: Cato on December 25, 2017, 04:17:52 AM
Merry Christmas!

A Christmas for Shacktown by one of Walt Disney's original animators, Carl Barks, was put in charge of the comic books, and he created new settings and new characters, like the great Scrooge McDuck, and gave Donald Duck and Huey, Dewey, and Louie expanded and complex personalities.
A classic. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to everyone who celebrates either one.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

vandermolen

Happy New Year to you all, here, there and everywhere. (That's how Gramophone Magazine used to wish their readers a Happy Christmas - it is probably now considered politically incorrect to do so).

Anyway wishing you good health and happiness for 2018.

Jeffrey

aligreto

Quote from: vandermolen on December 31, 2017, 01:25:57 AM
Happy New Year to you all, here, there and everywhere. (That's how Gramophone Magazine used to wish their readers a Happy Christmas - it is probably now considered politically incorrect to do so).

Jeffrey

And from that I take my cue....Happy New Year to you all, here, there and everywhere. May you all be blessed with good health and good fortune in the coming year  :)

Florestan

Quote from: vandermolen on December 31, 2017, 01:25:57 AM

Jeffrey

Quote from: aligreto on December 31, 2017, 01:46:22 AM
And from that I take my cue....Happy New Year to you all, here, there and everywhere. May you all be blessed with good health and good fortune in the coming year  :)

Thanks, guys. Amen to that from me as well.

Amen!
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Ken B

Mirror Image

Another year has passed (well not for North America yet). Happy New Year! Best wishes to you all in 2018!

André

12 hours to go... Bonne année !

vandermolen