My book will be published soon!

Started by springrite, February 22, 2018, 08:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken B

What ship never comes to Liverpool?

springrite

Quote from: vandermolen on April 06, 2018, 11:51:37 PM
Well, I'm a Chelsea supporter but I forgive you.  8)

I'm enjoying your book very much and found the Mel episode very powerful and moving.
I am glad you liked the book.

There were many more interesting stories but, in order to keep the length of the book reasonable, I had to cut most of the interesting stories but Mel (Word Maestro, Iago...) survived the cuts.
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

vandermolen

Quote from: springrite on April 07, 2018, 06:24:13 PM
I am glad you liked the book.

There were many more interesting stories but, in order to keep the length of the book reasonable, I had to cut most of the interesting stories but Mel (Word Maestro, Iago...) survived the cuts.
Well, I'm pleased that it did. His is a story worth telling and you tell it very well. I look forward to reading the rest of the book.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

relm1

Good luck to you.  I am an aviator/pilot and followed this closely so would love to read your experiences as it is a deeply moving story.  Best wishes to you.

Pat B

Quote from: springrite on April 01, 2018, 07:39:37 PM
It is an Arsenal scarf. I am a gooner.

I ordered your book. Not because of the scarf, but it didn't hurt. ;)

springrite

Quote from: Pat B on April 09, 2018, 07:37:57 AM
I ordered your book. Not because of the scarf, but it didn't hurt. ;)

If you order the book, I wouldn't mind if you are a Spud.  ;)

springrite

Those who have read the book, please publish a review online (on Amazon)! It helps!
Thanks!

vandermolen

Quote from: springrite on April 11, 2018, 03:37:46 PM
Those who have read the book, please publish a review online (on Amazon)! It helps!
Thanks!
I just finished reading your fine book. It is moving and powerful and should be mandatory reading for any grief counsellor as well as possessing wide general appeal. It is unlike any other book I have read before. I was increasingly moved by this book and learnt a great deal. It is not without humour either (your encounter with alcohol). Your love for your family shine through the book as does your courageous way of dealing with the vicissitudes of your own life. I can understand now why you wear the Arsenal scarf as it identifies you to people who need your help. Of course I'd have preferred a Chelsea scarf but I guess that the red stands out more than blue would have done. I have written a review on Amazon. To my absolute amazement I have not apparently purchased enough online from Amazon.com to allow me to write a review (there are already six exceptionally positive ones on the site). Anyway, I have no such problem with Amazon.co.uk so I have left a review there. The book features a delightful photograph of Kimi on the back cover. I hope that the book achieves the success which it undoubtedly deserves.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

springrite

Quote from: vandermolen on April 22, 2018, 03:06:25 PM
I just finished reading your fine book. It is moving and powerful and should be mandatory reading for any grief counsellor as well as possessing wide general appeal. It is unlike any other book I have read before. I was increasingly moved by this book and learnt a great deal. It is not without humour either (your encounter with alcohol). Your love for your family shine through the book as does your courageous way of dealing with the vicissitudes of your own life. I can understand now why you wear the Arsenal scarf as it identifies you to people who need your help. Of course I'd have preferred a Chelsea scarf but I guess that the red stands out more than blue would have done. I have written a review on Amazon. To my absolute amazement I have not apparently purchased enough online from Amazon.com to allow me to write a review (there are already six exceptionally positive ones on the site). Anyway, I have no such problem with Amazon.co.uk so I have left a review there. The book features a delightful photograph of Kimi on the back cover. I hope that the book achieves the success which it undoubtedly deserves.
Thank you!

springrite

My book has just received:

Finalist at the International Book Award, and
Honorable Mention at the New York Book Festival.

Working on getting the book published in different languages in Europe.

vandermolen

Quote from: springrite on June 20, 2018, 06:08:26 PM

Excellent news - having read the book I can understand why it has been selected as a finalist and wish you every success with this.

Karl Henning

Quote from: springrite on June 20, 2018, 06:08:26 PM

Bravo!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot