introduction

Started by Traverso, March 07, 2018, 04:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traverso

I like to introduce myself,well I live in the Netherlands and one of my favorite musicians is Gustav Leonhardt. That said, it is clear that I have a great interest in Baroque music ,especially Germany and France.
Bach is my number one composer but I have also a great love for composers as Dufay and Ockeghem to name just two.
Chamber music and songs of Faure,Schubert, Brahms and Schumann ( and many others ) are also in my view.A bit reluctant I have listened to the music of Ligeti,Messiaen,Dutilleux and I am happily to say that I enjoyed it very much but it has not the same attraction .Beethoven,Brahms,Bruckner,Strauss ( all of them)Mahler and opera but not so frequent.

Well,that is it for now,I have seen many members that I have seen in another place so I am not completely alone here.

bhodges

Hello, Traverso, and welcome from NYC!

--Bruce

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Judith

Quote from: Traverso on March 07, 2018, 04:41:27 AM
I like to introduce myself,well I live in the Netherlands and one of my favorite musicians is Gustav Leonhardt. That said, it is clear that I have a great interest in Baroque music ,especially Germany and France.
Bach is my number one composer but I have also a great love for composers as Dufay and Ockeghem to name just two.
Chamber music and songs of Faure,Schubert, Brahms and Schumann ( and many others ) are also in my view.A bit reluctant I have listened to the music of Ligeti,Messiaen,Dutilleux and I am happily to say that I enjoyed it very much but it has not the same attraction .Beethoven,Brahms,Bruckner,Strauss ( all of them)Mahler and opera but not so frequent.

Well,that is it for now,I have seen many members that I have seen in another place so I am not completely alone here.

Welcome to site. I'm quite a newbie but
think I know you too:)

Traverso

Of course you do,Delius,do you remember?  :)

Judith

Quote from: Traverso on March 07, 2018, 09:57:30 AM
Of course you do,Delius,do you remember? 
Love it ;D  You'll see all my Joshua Bell posts on here now lol

Mirror Image

Welcome aboard! Enjoy your time here.

Que

Welcome! :)

Greetings from another Dutchman who likes Early  music and Baroque..... 8)

Q

Hollywood

Hi there Traverso. Greetings from Vienna, Austria. Welcome to the forum.  8)
"There are far worse things awaiting man than death."

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

prémont

Hello Traverso

Welcome to this forum. Hope you will enjoy the community here.

I think I recognize you from another forum, and I know that we share tastes to a large extent.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Traverso

Many thanks   for all the friendly words of welcome.
Indeed Premont,  we share  a lot of common ground. Hope  to feel  at  home  soon.