$40 credit at iTunes

Started by dtwilbanks, August 22, 2007, 06:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtwilbanks

What should I buy???  ???

dtwilbanks

beclemund

You should see if you can convert it to a gift card and give it to a friend who enjoys pop music...  >:D

Or go for a couple of seasons of Battlestar Galactica.  ;D
"A guilty conscience needs to confess. A work of art is a confession." -- Albert Camus

dtwilbanks

Quote from: beclemund on August 22, 2007, 06:57:39 AM
You should see if you can convert it to a gift card and give it to a friend who enjoys pop music...  >:D

Or go for a couple of seasons of Battlestar Galactica.  ;D

Not an iTunes fan, eh?

I'm liking this Franck symphony!

beclemund

Not a DRM fan or a low bitrate lossy compression fan honestly. I enjoy iTunes immensely for managing my library and despite the bloat, I do love the coverflow feature. The retail end, I am not so impressed with largely because of DRM, the hoops required for one to jump through to reacquire a lost download, limited search functionality, and the radio quality bitrate among other things. The same is true of most of these download stores... other services get some of the details right but still get others wrong... the model for a paid digital distribution of media is still seems to be in its infancy though.
"A guilty conscience needs to confess. A work of art is a confession." -- Albert Camus

dtwilbanks

Quote from: beclemund on August 22, 2007, 07:17:28 AM
Not a DRM fan or a low bitrate lossy compression fan honestly. I enjoy iTunes immensely for managing my library and despite the bloat, I do love the coverflow feature. The retail end, I am not so impressed with largely because of DRM, the hoops required for one to jump through to reacquire a lost download, limited search functionality, and the radio quality bitrate among other things. The same is true of most of these download stores... other services get some of the details right but still get others wrong... the model for a paid digital distribution of media is still seems to be in its infancy though.

Got a recording to recommend anyway? :)

dtwilbanks

Thread is closed. Thank you and good day.  :-*

beclemund

Quote from: dtwilbanks on August 22, 2007, 07:19:46 AM
Got a recording to recommend anyway? :)

Meh... check the EMI catalog on iTunes Plus... at least that way you avoid the DRM and get a slightly higher quality download.

dtwilbanks

Quote from: beclemund on August 22, 2007, 08:23:18 AM
Meh... check the EMI catalog on iTunes Plus... at least that way you avoid the DRM and get a slightly higher quality download.

Thanks.

Kullervo

Quote from: dtwilbanks on August 22, 2007, 08:14:39 AM
Thread is closed. Thank you and good day.  :-*

At least you got the Franck/Stravinsky. :)

dtwilbanks

Quote from: Corey on August 22, 2007, 10:24:26 PM
At least you got the Franck/Stravinsky. :)

Yep. You have good taste.

beclemund

Did you manage to find anything else, yet?

dtwilbanks

Yeah, I went old school with the rest:

Machaut, Desprez and Palestrina

beclemund

Very nice! I have two iTunes gift cards that I have had for over a year now... I may use them one of these days. ;)

dtwilbanks

Quote from: beclemund on August 23, 2007, 05:40:13 AM
Very nice! I have two iTunes gift cards that I have had for over a year now... I may use them one of these days. ;)

Man, you are patient. I get one of those babies and I'm on it in a heartbeat.