The Music Room > Composer Discussion

Ruth Gipps (1921-99)

<< < (31/33) > >>

Oates:

--- Quote from: Biffo on March 10, 2021, 04:57:49 AM ---Chandos recording? I can't find any trace of it in any format. I have the Chandos recording of No 2 & 4 from Gamba. I can only find No 3 on You Tube. Perhaps I need to check what was played on R3 on the BBC iPlayer.

--- End quote ---

It was credited as a Chandos recording - looks like BBC had rights to use it first. Yesterday we had Cringlemire Garden (South West German Chamber Orchestra
Douglas Bostock, conductor) which the announcer did say was forthcoming on CD.

I must admit my favourite piece so far has been Jane Grey Fantasy Op 15 (Scott Dickinson, viola, BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, Teresa Riveiro Böhm, conductor) which is very much in Lark Ascending territory. I hope this gets a CD release at some stage.

Oates:

--- Quote from: Biffo on March 10, 2021, 04:57:49 AM ---Chandos recording? I can't find any trace of it in any format. I have the Chandos recording of No 2 & 4 from Gamba. I can only find No 3 on You Tube. Perhaps I need to check what was played on R3 on the BBC iPlayer.

--- End quote ---

BBC Sounds webpage says the Chandos release of this is on CD CHAN 20161.

Biffo:

--- Quote from: Oates on March 11, 2021, 01:38:55 AM ---BBC Sounds webpage says the Chandos release of this is on CD CHAN 20161.

--- End quote ---

I can't find this number on the Chandos website

vandermolen:
There is an interesting feature on Ruth Gipps in the new edition (August 2021) of BBC Music Magazine.

Irons:

--- Quote from: vandermolen on July 12, 2021, 08:55:49 PM ---There is an interesting feature on Ruth Gipps in the new edition (August 2021) of BBC Music Magazine.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. I will ask my wife to get me a copy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version