A tentative return?

Started by Manwithaplan, March 17, 2018, 11:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahlerian

Quote from: Baron Scarpia on March 19, 2018, 09:05:17 AM
From which you conclude:

how?

Background knowledge and having talked with Alien in the past (I hope I'm not being too presumptuous here).

Also, major life changes are usually difficult, even if they are positive in nature.
"l do not consider my music as atonal, but rather as non-tonal. I feel the unity of all keys. Atonal music by modern composers admits of no key at all, no feeling of any definite center." - Arnold Schoenberg

Manwithaplan

Quote from: Mahlerian on March 19, 2018, 09:13:12 AM
Background knowledge and having talked with Alien in the past (I hope I'm not being too presumptuous here).

Also, major life changes are usually difficult, even if they are positive in nature.

Yeah, quite a bit  :laugh:

I've actually been in really good spirits the last few months, I'm doing better than ever at the moment.

Me and classical music have been on our own adventures, seen the world and come back in a new mindset. It just happens that at the same time that I was becoming disinterested with classical music; I was being drawn to other topics, hobbies, studies and arts. But as most of you'd have noticed - I was already heavily leaning towards film taking over my life last year, anyway  :laugh:

......And Yes, everything is still all 'girls, girls, girls'  ;)

kishnevi

It is good to see you back. What you know about classical music will enrich other parts of your life, and other parts of your life will enrich classical music when you get back to it. (I'm talking long term here, since you have about five more decades before you need to worry about hitting threescore and ten..)

Mahlerian

Quote from: α | ì Æ ñ on March 19, 2018, 07:14:02 PM
Yeah, quite a bit  :laugh:

I've actually been in really good spirits the last few months, I'm doing better than ever at the moment.

Well, that's great news!
"l do not consider my music as atonal, but rather as non-tonal. I feel the unity of all keys. Atonal music by modern composers admits of no key at all, no feeling of any definite center." - Arnold Schoenberg

Baron Scarpia

Apparently some people realize that music is just a diversion from or ornament to actual life, not real life.

Karl Henning

But of course, some of us live the ornament.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Manwithaplan

Quote from: Baron Scarpia on March 20, 2018, 07:45:17 AM
Apparently some people realize that music is just a diversion from or ornament to actual life, not real life.

Psst, don't tell the composers and artists  :D

But seriously though, not having a good balance between the two is very detrimental  ???

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on March 20, 2018, 08:01:28 AM
But of course, some of us live the ornament.

That is the truth  8)

Manwithaplan

It tends to be that either; art is a piece of entertainment in ones life, or one lives life through art   ;)

It's true, ain't it  0:)

ComposerOfAvantGarde

I guess I am living a fake life from studying and making money out of music.

Baron Scarpia

Quote from: jessop on March 21, 2018, 12:29:18 AM
I guess I am living a fake life from studying and making money out of music.

I have a job and I make money from it, I don't consider it my life. The core of life is human relationships, and of course you may have human relationships which revolve around music.

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Quote from: Baron Scarpia on March 21, 2018, 08:57:37 AM
I have a job and I make money from it, I don't consider it my life. The core of life is human relationships, and of course you may have human relationships which revolve around music.

Ah right, I see what you mean.

anothername

not worth the trouble

Moonfish

Heresy!

:laugh:
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

king ubu

Es wollt ein meydlein grasen gan:
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Und do die roten röslein stan:
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Fick mich mehr, du hast dein ehr.
Kannstu nit, ich wills dich lern.
Fick mich, lieber Peter!

http://ubus-notizen.blogspot.ch/