Jordan Peterson on Dr. Oz

Started by lisa needs braces, November 01, 2018, 05:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lisa needs braces

I remember when he slowly started gaining his following through his recordings of his psychology lectures and now he's gone Oprah Winfrey level mainstream. Good for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AscPHmLWo-M

Daverz

71 dB

I don't take seriously anything Jordan "atheists are actually believers" Peterson says.  ::)
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Brian

This is the same idiot who said that inequality in society is good because stars are bigger than planets.

Ken B

Quote from: Brian on November 02, 2018, 06:32:30 AM
This is the same idiot who said that inequality in society is good because stars are bigger than planets.

The idiot is anyone who takes out of context quotes seriously. You really do lack the least smidgeon of intellectual honesty.

zamyrabyrd

Quote from: -abe- on November 01, 2018, 05:50:39 PM
I remember when he slowly started gaining his following through his recordings of his psychology lectures and now he's gone Oprah Winfrey level mainstream. Good for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AscPHmLWo-M

Too bad.  The internet brought him instant popularity.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one."

― Charles MacKay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

Brian

Quote from: Ken B on November 05, 2018, 05:50:16 AM
You really do lack the least smidgeon of intellectual honesty.
I'd reply to the first sentence, but based on this one, it's obvious you don't want me to.

Ken B

Quote from: 71 dB on November 02, 2018, 03:06:19 AM
I don't take seriously anything Jordan "atheists are actually believers" Peterson says.  ::)

I remember being surprised when my kindergarten teacher told us we all had accents. I didn't dismiss her as a fool; should I have?

Peterson is making a serious point about patterns of the mind and social organization. Lots of atheists do see to behave like religious sects at times. Now Peterson might be overselling this point, or mistaken, but he isn't obviously ridiculous. He has an argument behind that, which by your own admission you didn't seek out.  Your comment reminds me of the guy I saw mocking Proudhon's quip that "Propert is theft". He chose not to think about it.

71 dB

Quote from: Ken B on November 05, 2018, 08:48:13 AM
I remember being surprised when my kindergarten teacher told us we all had accents. I didn't dismiss her as a fool; should I have?

Peterson is making a serious point about patterns of the mind and social organization. Lots of atheists do see to behave like religious sects at times. Now Peterson might be overselling this point, or mistaken, but he isn't obviously ridiculous. He has an argument behind that, which by your own admission you didn't seek out.  Your comment reminds me of the guy I saw mocking Proudhon's quip that "Propert is theft". He chose not to think about it.

J. Peterson just visited Finland last Sunday. I think he's in Sweden now...
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"