R.I.P. Stan Lee

Started by Jaakko Keskinen, November 14, 2018, 05:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaakko Keskinen

Yes, the legend is gone, the creator of Spiderman, Iron man and whatnot.

I am extremely sad, I am a big fan of Marvel Comics and he was apparently extremely nice person. I loved his cameos in Marvel Films and The Big Bang Theory. I have also read some of the old comics from 60s that he wrote.
"Javert, though frightful, had nothing ignoble about him. Probity, sincerity, candor, conviction, the sense of duty, are things which may become hideous when wrongly directed; but which, even when hideous, remain grand."

- Victor Hugo

Jaakko Keskinen

I have changed my avatar accordingly.
"Javert, though frightful, had nothing ignoble about him. Probity, sincerity, candor, conviction, the sense of duty, are things which may become hideous when wrongly directed; but which, even when hideous, remain grand."

- Victor Hugo

relm1

I saw him at ComicCon last year.  He looked strong and healthy and was just three feet away from me!  RIP and thanks for the years of entertainment.

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

He is responsible for the fact that U.S. adults have a comic book worldview. It seems like 2/3 of successful supposedly adult films are about comic book characters. Hurrah!

North Star

Quote from: Ghost of Baron Scarpia on November 14, 2018, 07:24:36 AM
He is responsible for the fact that U.S. adults have a comic book worldview. It seems like 2/3 of successful supposedly adult films are about comic book characters. Hurrah!
A comic book artist is not responsible for the woefully lacking educational system in the US, and one person making books with text in them, even if it is surrounded by drawings, is hardly the likely reason why a significant number of Americans can't even name a book when asked.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

relm1

Quote from: Ghost of Baron Scarpia on November 14, 2018, 07:24:36 AM

This was the dumbest post I've read in this forum.  Congratulations.

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

Quote from: relm1 on November 14, 2018, 04:06:30 PM
This was the dumbest post I've read in this forum.  Congratulations.

You took it seriously? Even dumber. :)