Physical cds on demand

Started by Roy Bland, March 01, 2023, 02:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

PD, I've had the same experience.  I used to have a Marantz player that would cry over the smallest scratch but switch to literally anything else and the cd would play fine.

Madiel

My old CD player refused to cope with certain discs that had a slick upper surface (the printed part, which on classical CDs tends to be fairly generic black writing on a silver surface but not always, and with pop can vary a lot more).

So I am very familiar with the fact that different players have different tolerances.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: DavidW on April 14, 2023, 12:23:38 PMPD, I've had the same experience.  I used to have a Marantz player that would cry over the smallest scratch but switch to literally anything else and the cd would play fine.
Quote from: Madiel on April 14, 2023, 01:29:27 PMMy old CD player refused to cope with certain discs that had a slick upper surface (the printed part, which on classical CDs tends to be fairly generic black writing on a silver surface but not always, and with pop can vary a lot more).

So I am very familiar with the fact that different players have different tolerances.
So, it goes to show [yet again] that nothing's perfect in life....

PD 
Pohjolas Daughter

Roy Bland