Thirty three and a third.

Started by Irons, November 22, 2018, 11:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aligreto

I have just posted this version of Mozart's Bastien and Bastienne in the Listening Thread

The interesting thing is that there is a label misprint with both labels displaying Part 2

I wonder if, and at what part of the production process this error was noticed and if it was, was a conscious decision taken to let it go on the basis of cost.

Any other examples of label errors?

Florestan

Quote from: aligreto on October 29, 2019, 02:33:27 AM
I have just posted this version of Mozart's Bastien and Bastienne in the Listening Thread

The interesting thing is that there is a label misprint with both labels displaying Part 2

I wonder if, and at what part of the production process this error was noticed and if it was, was a conscious decision taken to let it go on the basis of cost.

Any other examples of label errors?

The most conspicuous misprint is actually on the cover.  :laugh:
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

aligreto

Quote from: Florestan on October 29, 2019, 02:35:10 AM
The most conspicuous misprint is actually on the cover.  :laugh:

I presume that you refer to the and/und issue?

Florestan

Quote from: aligreto on October 29, 2019, 02:47:36 AM
I presume that you refer to the and/und issue?

Precisely. And to compound the confusion, they have it right on the labels.  :)

pjme

And Toni Blankenheim is first a bass (baritone) and then a tenor.

aligreto

Quote from: Florestan on October 29, 2019, 02:53:00 AM
Precisely. And to compound the confusion, they have it right on the labels.  :)

Good spot. I did not notice that one myself.

aligreto

Quote from: pjme on October 29, 2019, 03:43:39 AM

A multi-talented guy  ;D

Wow, more wrong with this one that I had at first thought.

Florestan

Quote from: pjme on October 29, 2019, 03:43:39 AM

Hah! Well spotted too.

Maybe we should start a thread, "Most Misprinted Artworks and Labels".  :D

Irons

Released by the DG subsidiary Polydor I am fairly certain a Philips UK pressing. Very sloppy.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

vandermolen

I just received this.
I don't even have a functioning turntable  ::)
First LP I've bought in a long time:
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

aligreto

Quote from: vandermolen on October 30, 2019, 03:34:34 AM
I just received this.

I don't even have a functioning turntable  ::)
First LP I've bought in a long time:

There is just a little nagging voice in the back of my mind telling me that just might present a minor problem when you attempt to listen to it Jeffrey  ;D

vandermolen

Quote from: aligreto on October 30, 2019, 04:15:28 AM
There is just a little nagging voice in the back of my mind telling me that just might present a minor problem when you attempt to listen to it Jeffrey  ;D

Thanks Fergus. I've tried playing it on the microwave oven's turntable but without success so far.
8)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

aligreto

Quote from: vandermolen on October 31, 2019, 03:53:18 AM
Thanks Fergus. I've tried playing it on the microwave oven's turntable but without success so far.
8)

Did you try switching on the microwave? Wait, no, don't do that.....  :o

Seriously, though, nice purchase. I would buy it too if I saw it on my continuing searches.

vandermolen

Quote from: aligreto on October 31, 2019, 05:25:41 AM
Did you try switching on the microwave? Wait, no, don't do that.....  :o

Seriously, though, nice purchase. I would buy it too if I saw it on my continuing searches.
:)

Irons

Quote from: vandermolen on October 31, 2019, 03:53:18 AM
8)

Try this Jeffrey. If the cat approves it must be good.

You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

aligreto

Quote from: Irons on October 31, 2019, 07:59:21 AM

Brings scratchy vinyl to a new high low level  ;D

Irons

Quote from: aligreto on November 01, 2019, 04:02:10 AM
Brings scratchy vinyl to a new high low level  ;D

;D

It must be said cats (and dusters) with expensive cartridges are not a marriage made in heaven. :o

aligreto

Quote from: Irons on November 01, 2019, 08:02:15 AM
;D

It must be said cats (and dusters) with expensive cartridges are not a marriage made in heaven. :o

I know of one case where a stylus got snared in the sleeve of a cardigan thereby destroying an expensive cartridge.

vandermolen

Quote from: Irons on October 31, 2019, 07:59:21 AM

I remember when I lived at home with my parents our cat jumped on my turntable whilst a record was playing and went round with it.  :o

Irons

Quote from: vandermolen on November 02, 2019, 06:59:38 AM
I remember when I lived at home with my parents our cat jumped on my turntable whilst a record was playing and went round with it.  :o

I trust you switched to 78 rpm. >:D