Tennis anyone?

Started by Pohjolas Daughter, January 05, 2019, 05:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irons

How did Andy Murray do that! Goes to prove what gritty determination can overcome even with a metal hip joint.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Irons on January 20, 2023, 01:44:59 AMHow did Andy Murray do that! Goes to prove what gritty determination can overcome even with a metal hip joint.
It was amazing to watch!  Did you catch any of that match Lol?

I came in part way through the second set.  Thanasi was playing the best that I had ever seen him play before.  Really impressive playing from both of them.  Grueling match (5 hours and 45 min. and going until I think that I was around 4 a.m. when they finished?).

PD

Irons

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on January 20, 2023, 01:56:32 AMIt was amazing to watch!  Did you catch any of that match Lol?

I came in part way through the second set.  Thanasi was playing the best that I had ever seen him play before.  Really impressive playing from both of them.  Grueling match (5 hours and 45 min. and going until I think that I was around 4 a.m. when they finished?).

PD

I was just going to bed when reported on the news that Murray was two sets down and lost his serve on the third set. I said to the wife that's him gone then. I could not believe it on learning the next morning that he had won the match. Some comeback!
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.