Spanish music

Started by GD314, April 16, 2017, 01:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GD314

Hi

I'm looking for the music used in a figure skating routine. It sounds spanish classical music.
This is the video of the routine : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOS02ZoDHL0
The music is a mix of several pieces, the one I'm looking for is between 0:51 and 1:59.
The rest of the music is from "The Cid" from Massenet.

Can anyone help ?

GD314

314 views and not a single reply? :(

pjme

The Valencian widow was composed in ca 1940 (??) by Aram Khachaturian. However, I cannot find the fragment that is used in the video. And it might just be something completely different... a Spanish dance by Granados, Turina, Minkus...It doesn't ring a bell.

Sorry.
P.

GD314

I also listened to the Valencian Widow with no success...

pjme

So the mystery remains complete. Still that fragment sounds "very familiar"... Try Shazam?

Peter

GD314

Hi Peter,

I tried before posting here. And tried again recently, as Shazam probably updates its database regularly. No success till now...

GD314

The good thing is I'm probably breaking the record of views of an unresolved post  ;D

pjme

Bonjour,
there were technical problems with GMG. I was able to register again only very recently...
I may do some research again...but be patient!

P.

Biffo

I think the piece is also from Massenet's Le Cid - the Madrilene - though it has been arranged. Then again so many of the pieces I listened to when you first posted sounded similar as well.

pjme

New thought: possibly it is a movement from The Valencian widow, not regularly included in the suite - the recordings we know ??

I tried to find info on the score - but to no avail.

Anyway, I'm on vacation till the end of the month. Au revoir.

Peter

GD314

Merci Peter for the research.
Still hoping to find that piece one day  :)

Delicious Manager

The music *IS* from Khachaturian's The Valencian Widow. In the suite extracted from the film score it is No 5 'Intermezzo'.

pjme

Thanks for your suggestion & effort...but I'm not convinced.

The music is a mix of several pieces, the one I'm looking for is between 0:51 and 1:59.

And that fragment is definitely not the Intermezzo...

https://youtu.be/Bs-CmnW_ACg

Delicious Manager

It is exactly the same music!  ???

pjme

:D
I hope to prove you wrong ....somewhere, sometime.

All the best,
Peter