Announcements > GMG News

Consider banning politics

(1/46) > >>

bwv 1080:
I find this place has become toxic with the political flame wars dominating any musical discussion.  Went over to talk classical, where I will be spending my time now, and the ban on politics and religion really seems to facilitate a much better experience.  Not that I will be missed, but I doubt I’m the only one that feels this way.

amw:
Most of the politics are confined to a handful of clearly marked threads which you can just avoid reading if you don’t want to see them.

Biffo:

--- Quote from: bwv 1080 on February 07, 2019, 05:24:24 AM ---I find this place has become toxic with the political flame wars dominating any musical discussion.  Went over to talk classical, where I will be spending my time now, and the ban on politics and religion really seems to facilitate a much better experience.  Not that I will be missed, but I doubt I’m the only one that feels this way.

--- End quote ---

As suggested above just ignore the overtly political threads. I have more or less given up on Talk Classical as I find many of the musical threads to be toxic. This forum isn't perfect but there is plenty of civilised conversation to be had.

Ghost of Baron Scarpia:
I agree with Biffo, having tested the waters at TalkClassical, the musical threads there can be toxic, with people going on about how music they don't like or understand is inferior. I've stopped participating there, although my account is still active.

The political threads here are mostly toxic, but compartmentalized so I can avoid that content without difficulty.

In any case, I hope you'll reconsider.

k a rl h e nn i ng:

--- Quote from: bwv 1080 on February 07, 2019, 05:24:24 AM ---I find this place has become toxic with the political flame wars dominating any musical discussion.  Went over to talk classical, where I will be spending my time now, and the ban on politics and religion really seems to facilitate a much better experience.  Not that I will be missed, but I doubt I’m the only one that feels this way.

--- End quote ---

On the contrary, I should miss you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version