RIP Peter Tork of the Monkees

Started by vandermolen, February 22, 2019, 06:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

I loved them as a child and made my mother take me to see them when they performed in London. All you heard of course was screaming but I'm glad to have seen them 'live'.
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/21/entertainment/peter-tork-dead/index.html

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: vandermolen on February 22, 2019, 06:01:03 AM
I loved them as a child and made my mother take me to see them when they performed in London. All you heard of course was screaming but I'm glad to have seen them 'live'.

I especially liked "Daydream Believer".  In 1968 it kind of defined my high school girlfriend and me. Her name was Jean and she had been on the Homecoming court. And me....full of daydreams.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

The new erato

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on February 22, 2019, 12:28:05 PM
I especially liked "Daydream Believer".  In 1968 it kind of defined my high school girlfriend and me. Her name was Jean and she had been on the Homecoming court. And me....full of daydreams.

Sarge
What a great memory. Songs define our lives. Lot of Great tunes from this band. Count me a fan.

The new erato

And of course his granddad was Norwegian. Thorkelson.

vandermolen

Quote from: The new erato on February 22, 2019, 12:43:15 PM
And of course his granddad was Norwegian. Thorkelson.

Didn't know that. Interesting.
:)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Ken B

One year, I think it was 1967 or 66, the Monkees outsold the Beatles.