Jacques Loussier dies aged 84

Started by vandermolen, March 07, 2019, 10:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

Not sure if this is the right place to post it.
Saw him give a concert in London years ago and got his and the band's autograph.
Was a great evening:
https://slippedisc.com/2019/03/jacques-loussier-dies-at-84/
RIP
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

NikF4

Quote from: vandermolen on March 07, 2019, 10:14:53 AM
Not sure if this is the right place to post it.
Saw him give a concert in London years ago and got his and the band's autograph.
Was a great evening:
https://slippedisc.com/2019/03/jacques-loussier-dies-at-84/
RIP

I'm not as well informed as some in this sub forum, but I recognised the name Jacques Loussier  from somewhere. I did my own search and truth be told I kind of remember him from his 'crossover' pursuits. To be blunt - and rightly or wrongly - that kind of thing is not in my interest. Anyway, I'm going remedy that now by checking him out via YouTube.

An aside: vandermolen , you're an interesting man who has clearly enjoyed a wealth of different music and stuff. More power to you.  8)

vandermolen

Quote from: NikF4 on March 07, 2019, 10:39:26 AM
I'm not as well informed as some in this sub forum, but I recognised the name Jacques Loussier  from somewhere. I did my own search and truth be told I kind of remember him from his 'crossover' pursuits. To be blunt - and rightly or wrongly - that kind of thing is not in my interest. Anyway, I'm going remedy that now by checking him out via YouTube.

An aside: vandermolen , you're an interesting man who has clearly enjoyed a wealth of different music and stuff. More power to you.  8)

That's a very nice comment! Thank you  :)
It's also a question of trying to find music/concerts that my wife likes as well. Oddly enough she's not keen on Shostakovich etc. Anyway, the concert I attended was at the time of Jacques Loussier's Erik Satie CD and here is an extract:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3TMMA_AxT2k
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Andante

I was/am a fan of Jacques Loussier, a few years ago our local TV ran a series of programs that featured the trio mostly with J S Bach numbers.
I should have some of his CDs I will have to sort them for this evening.
Andante always true to his word has kicked the Marijuana soaked bot with its addled brain in to touch.

vandermolen

Quote from: Andante on October 15, 2019, 08:17:10 PM
I was/am a fan of Jacques Loussier, a few years ago our local TV ran a series of programs that featured the trio mostly with J S Bach numbers.
I should have some of his CDs I will have to sort them for this evening.
Thanks. I think that I have three of his albums featuring his arrangements of Ravel, Satie and Vivaldi. He was great in concert. Happy memories.

Andante

Quote from: vandermolen on October 16, 2019, 12:20:11 PM
Thanks. I think that I have three of his albums featuring his arrangements of Ravel, Satie and Vivaldi. He was great in concert. Happy memories.
Did they perform in jazz clubs when in England?
Andante always true to his word has kicked the Marijuana soaked bot with its addled brain in to touch.