Favourite conductor names

Started by vandermolen, March 27, 2019, 08:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

André

NikF4

Quote from: Florestan on March 28, 2019, 04:55:51 AM
You're welcome. If you want a serious Romanian name for a conductor, pick your choice:

George Georgescu
Horia Andreescu
Cristian Mandeal
Mihai Brediceanu
Ilarion Ionescu-Galaţi

That's great. Not many places online to get that kind of info imparted in that manner. Cheers, mate.   8)

Florestan

Quote from: NikF4 on March 28, 2019, 05:34:11 AM
That's great. Not many places online to get that kind of info imparted in that manner. Cheers, mate.   8)

Cheers to you, buddy.  8)
Si un hombre nunca se contradice será porque nunca dice nada. —Miguel de Unamuno

vandermolen

Jaroslav Krombholc conductor of Novak's 'The Storm'.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

vandermolen

How could I forget Ulf Soderblom?
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

DaveF

Nothing like enough ladies in this thread, so here comes Mirga Gražinytė-Tyla.

And whatever happened to (as the Stranglers said) Odaline de la Martinez?
"All the world is birthday cake" - George Harrison

vandermolen

Quote from: DaveF on September 08, 2020, 08:09:12 AM
Nothing like enough ladies in this thread, so here comes Mirga Gražinytė-Tyla.

And whatever happened to (as the Stranglers said) Odaline de la Martinez?

Great choices  :)

david johnson

Cyril Holloway
Thor Johnson
D'Artega
Ernest Ansermet
Arturo Toscanini

I selected these guys because they led some of the early classical recordings i heard.

vandermolen

David Warble

Conductor of Johan De Meij's Symphony No.1 'The Lord of the Rings'.

Maestro267

How much fürt would a fürtwangler wangle if a fürtwangler could wangle fürt?

vandermolen

Quote from: Maestro267 on October 30, 2020, 09:20:52 AM
How much fürt would a fürtwangler wangle if a fürtwangler could wangle fürt?

Haha  ;D

I still think that Ulf Soderblom remains my favourite.

vandermolen

André Vandernoot

vers la flamme

I expect it's been said but Sergiu Celibidache is an amazing name.