Amp III

Started by drogulus, April 27, 2017, 07:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NikF4

Quote from: drogulus on March 28, 2019, 06:09:40 AM
     Here is my tale of semi-woe. Evgeny in Vilnius sent me the wrong speaker. It's a Fane A60, and I have one of those. I contacted him and we worked out a deal where I buy the A60 at cost (I'll sell it) and he'll send the AXA 12. I just got an email with the tracking #, so it's going to be all right.

Yeah, I'm sure it'll work out fine - time and patience etc. But do continue with the updates.

An aside: In London, played a cool used custom shop Les Paul. Returned and played it again - the combo of P90 pickups and baseball bat neck profile were tempting. But (if anything) I'm a tele player and relatively recently sold a nocaster. Still, LP scale length/P90s/satin neck is a formula that's appealing.

drogulus

Quote from: NikF4 on April 04, 2019, 08:24:41 AM

Yeah, I'm sure it'll work out fine - time and patience etc. But do continue with the updates.

An aside: In London, played a cool used custom shop Les Paul. Returned and played it again - the combo of P90 pickups and baseball bat neck profile were tempting. But (if anything) I'm a tele player and relatively recently sold a nocaster. Still, LP scale length/P90s/satin neck is a formula that's appealing.

My speaker is here. My screwdriver is here. Everything is good, and I'll probably install it in a cab this weekend.

I grabbed the picture off the web.

Now about the Les Paul, maybe you should consider an Epiphone with real Gibson P90s and a fat neck.

If I got one I'd put a couple of staple pups in it. They are kind of like the "P90 of the gods". The original 1955 Black Beauty Gibson Les Paul, the one this Epiphone is based on, had a regular P90 in the bridge and a staple in the neck position.

https://www.youtube.com/v/L7-MVzCtFPA

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

NikF4

Quote from: drogulus on April 04, 2019, 11:15:14 AM
     My speaker is here. My screwdriver is here. Everything is good, and I'll probably install it in a cab this weekend.

I grabbed the picture off the web.

Now about the Les Paul, maybe you should consider an Epiphone with real Gibson P90s and a fat neck.

If I got one I'd put a couple of staple pups in it. They are kind of like the "P90 of the gods". The original 1955 Black Beauty Gibson Les Paul, the one this Epiphone is based on, had a regular P90 in the bridge and a staple in the neck position.

https://www.youtube.com/v/L7-MVzCtFPA

That's one rabbit hole I never went down - the Gibson staple pickup in the neck. Out of all the names, Franny Beecher comes to mind. Anyway, don't tempt me like that again. ;D
Enjoy your speaker over the weekend and beyond. :)

An aside: Rodney Gene is great. My Tele bridge pickup of choice is a Duncan QP - and his demo of it is cool. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hs4GryqXf0