The Music Room > Composer Discussion

Bruckner's Abbey

(1/736) > >>

Lilas Pastia:
Continuing the ol' thread...

Just received: the 7th, VPO Boulez. Will listen to it in the next few weeks (so many more to listen to ::)

MishaK:
Glad this thread has been continued. Is that 7th a new recording?

Lilas Pastia:
I believe it's this one:

--- Quote ---Boulez         Vienna Philharmonic Orch. 5/6/05 Karna Musik CD KA 195M .......... 59:00 - 18:37 19:02  8:23 12:28
--- End quote ---
(from John Berky's discography)

I just got the disc by itself, no notes, covers, in an anonymous brown envelope 8). Who knows where it hails from exactly... I only hope it's not conducted by  René Köhler. I'd hate to have a Hatto pulled on me ;D

not edward:

--- Quote from: Lilas Pastia on April 06, 2007, 06:15:30 AM ---Continuing the ol' thread...

Just received: the 7th, VPO Boulez. Will listen to it in the next few weeks (so many more to listen to ::)

--- End quote ---
I didn't know this was coming out. I heard a radio aircheck of a Boulez 7th which I thought was absolutely outstanding, except for a slightly lightweight first movement, so I guess that's another $20 of mine going to the pockets of Universal. :D

mahlertitan:
just a question not related to the main topic. out of pure curiosity, why is that only males seem to enjoy the music of Bruckner?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version