Heinrich Kaminski

Started by madaboutmahler, September 25, 2011, 01:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madaboutmahler

Does anyone actually know of this composer?! I typed his name into the forum search bar and absolutely nothing came up at all.... not even a mention...

To be honest, I only heard of him around a week ago when I heard a short excerpt from his "Dorian Music" on the Berlin Phil's "Digital Concert Hall". I only heard around a minute, but it was so beautiful. Baroque in style but with many absolutely stunning orchestral twists.

So could anyone recommend me anything of his, I am not sure if much as been performed, let alone recorded!

Daniel
"Music is ... A higher revelation than all Wisdom & Philosophy"
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Lisztianwagner

I had never heard about Kaminski before listening to his music on the Berlin Phil's "Digital Concert Hall" too; anyway, apart from that excerpt, I know Joseph Keilberth made a good recording of Kaminski "Concerto Grosso, for piano & Double Orchestra", you might try to take a listen to it.

Ilaria
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

madaboutmahler

Quote from: Lisztianwagner on September 25, 2011, 02:39:08 PM
I had never heard about Kaminski before listening to his music on the Berlin Phil's "Digital Concert Hall" too; anyway, apart from that excerpt, I know Joseph Keilberth made a good recording of Kaminski "Concerto Grosso, for piano & Double Orchestra", you might try to take a listen to it.

Ilaria

Thank you for replying Ilaria! :)

I shall definitely try and find that recording of the Concerto Grosso, thank you very much for the recommendation!

Daniel
— Ludwig van Beethoven

springrite

This one I orderred from BRO and will receive soon:

Schulhoff [1899-1942], String Quartet {1927}. Ullmann [1893-1944], String Quartet {1943}. Adolf Busch [1891-1952], Quartettsatz {1924}. Kaminski [1886-1946], String Quartet {1917}. (Album title: 'Music is Confession'. Performed by the Casals Quartet. Rec. 10/2000. Total time: 63'06')
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

madaboutmahler

Quote from: springrite on September 26, 2011, 08:19:29 AM
This one I orderred from BRO and will receive soon:

Schulhoff [1899-1942], String Quartet {1927}. Ullmann [1893-1944], String Quartet {1943}. Adolf Busch [1891-1952], Quartettsatz {1924}. Kaminski [1886-1946], String Quartet {1917}. (Album title: 'Music is Confession'. Performed by the Casals Quartet. Rec. 10/2000. Total time: 63'06')

Thank you for letting me know of that. When it arrives, please let me know what the Kaminski is like! :) I shall go and have a look for that on amazon now. :)

Daniel
— Ludwig van Beethoven

springrite

Quote from: madaboutmahler on September 26, 2011, 08:26:41 AM
Thank you for letting me know of that. When it arrives, please let me know what the Kaminski is like! :) I shall go and have a look for that on amazon now. :)

Daniel

I won't get it until I see it in late October. But I will try to remember to post here!
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

madaboutmahler

Quote from: springrite on September 26, 2011, 08:31:28 AM
I won't get it until I see it in late October. But I will try to remember to post here!

Ah... yes, please do try and remember! :) I am very anxious to find out more about this composer!

Thank you!

Daniel
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Roy Bland

Quote from: madaboutmahler on September 25, 2011, 01:30:08 PM
Does anyone actually know of this composer?! I typed his name into the forum search bar and absolutely nothing came up at all.... not even a mention...

To be honest, I only heard of him around a week ago when I heard a short excerpt from his "Dorian Music" on the Berlin Phil's "Digital Concert Hall". I only heard around a minute, but it was so beautiful. Baroque in style but with many absolutely stunning orchestral twists.

So could anyone recommend me anything of his, I am not sure if much as been performed, let alone recorded!

Daniel

There is a web page:
https://heinrich-kaminski.de/?ds=63