Author Topic: The UK leaves the EU  (Read 2660 times)

Offline Que

• Global Moderator
Re: The UK leaves the EU
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2020, 11:30:48 AM »
I firmly believe the world will be a different place, and Brexit will be a footnote in history books.

I absolutely agree.  :)

Q

Offline Irons

• Veteran member
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2020, 11:40:35 AM »
I absolutely agree.  :)

Q

Good one. ;)
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

Offline Irons

• Veteran member
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2020, 02:12:00 AM »
Fruit and veg ‘will run out’ unless Britain charters planes to fly in farm workers from eastern Europe
UK urgently needs 90,000 labourers to pick crops that will otherwise die in the fields, warns charity

An odd article. I checked the date to see if is current. As if any country would arrange charter flights for foreign workers is beyond belief under the present world-wide lock down. The article goes on "Some large farms have already been chartering planes to bring in labour from eastern Europe." I think they must be using Meghan and Harry's private jet after it transported the couple from Canada to LA!

Food and essentials are now readily available although shopping is slow due to social distancing. The major shortage I read this morning is seeds. Seed suppliers websites are collapsing due to heavy demand from the general public. 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 02:16:58 AM by Irons »
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.