Author Topic: Post your dreams  (Read 117415 times)

Online LKB

• Veteran member
  • Currently Listening to:
    something between my ears
Re: Post your dreams
« Reply #680 on: January 20, 2022, 11:11:57 AM »
I had an amusing musical dream during my shift last night. I dozed off while enjoying the video recording from the 1984 Kerstmatinee in Amsterdam, featuring Haitink conducting his RCO in Mahler's Second Symphony.

Suddenly, l was back in university ( but at my present age ), attending a lecture given by a gorgeous young professor, just the type of young lady I would fall for back in those years.

She was lecturing on, yup, M2. To illustrate her points, she had a CD player loaded with the Rattle EMI recording with the Birmingham orchestra from the Eighties.

In the dream l thought,  " Why, that's the wrong recording, she should be using Haitink's. "

The dream ended at that point. Maybe I'll get back to it tonight, and make my case for Haitink...  :laugh:
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

Offline (: premont :)

• Veteran member
« Reply #681 on: January 20, 2022, 03:46:30 PM »
Has anyone else here had the experience of whilst dreaming a bad dream, knowing that you were dreaming and being able to force yourself to wake up?

Only long time ago and very rarely, but it was usually in the way that I dreamt that I was sleeping and woke up in the dream, something I didn't realize until I woke up to the real life. Complicated, yes, but dreams are complicated.
As soon as a word has left the lips, not even the fastest horse can catch up with it.

Offline (: premont :)

• Veteran member
« Reply #682 on: January 20, 2022, 03:51:53 PM »
I had an amusing musical dream during my shift last night. I dozed off while enjoying the video recording from the 1984 Kerstmatinee in Amsterdam, featuring Haitink conducting his RCO in Mahler's Second Symphony.

Suddenly, l was back in university ( but at my present age ), attending a lecture given by a gorgeous young professor, just the type of young lady I would fall for back in those years.

She was lecturing on, yup, M2. To illustrate her points, she had a CD player loaded with the Rattle EMI recording with the Birmingham orchestra from the Eighties.

In the dream l thought,  " Why, that's the wrong recording, she should be using Haitink's. "

The dream ended at that point. Maybe I'll get back to it tonight, and make my case for Haitink...  :laugh:

Amusing indeed. Were you able from the sounds you probably heard in the dream to tell that she used the Rattle recording and not the Haitink?
As soon as a word has left the lips, not even the fastest horse can catch up with it.

Offline greg

• Veteran member
« Reply #683 on: January 20, 2022, 09:15:15 PM »
Interesting that you can remember four dreams and so well the next day!  Do you often wake up during the night and/or are feeling tired the next day Greg?
Yeah, I do wake up briefly about 1-3 times the majority of nights.
The cause for that... no idea. Can speculate that it is related to the vata dosha characteristics, but yeah, that's not exactly scientific.

The feeling of fatigue the next day isn't due to that, though, it's just having a chronotype incompatible with the modern world.
If you are a night owl, you are screwed.
If I had no alarm clock, my natural sleeping pattern would be 1 or 2am to around 10am.
I feel amazing after sleeping in on the weekends, and miserable as the week progress Mon-Fri, waking up at 8am.
My dad's coworkers naturally go to bed at 10pm, at that time my last energy wave for the day has just started.
It's the caveat of having society so structured and everyone on the same page, many people don't really fit in and are forced to go heavily against their own biology.
I'd theorize that there would probably have some sort of reason some people are night owls- maybe in tribal communities they could have served a purpose such as nightwatch or a nocturnal hunter, but that is entirely lost on modern society, as nearly everything seems to shut down at 9pm or so. The result is just maladaptation and the need for caffeine in the morning lol.

Has anyone else here had the experience of whilst dreaming a bad dream, knowing that you were dreaming and being able to force yourself to wake up?
Yeah. If a dream is super intense, I wake up or develop awareness and then wake up.

But what causes awareness in dreams (turning it into a lucid dream) is unpredictable. Often it is just a feeling of knowing I'm dreaming- seems to be the most common cause nowadays. In the past, has been performing dream signs (putting your finger through your hand is the best). Or something like seeing your distorted reflection in a mirror, or turning on a light switch but it doesn't work, or checking the time and it isn't consistent.

If you find yourself aware, relax use your five senses to stabilize it and DO WHAT YOU WANT. You might not get the chance anytime soon to experience some things that are impossible in real life. Many times I've had the thrill of flying through a fantasy landscape, doing crazy parkour on rooftops, walking through walls, it's a blast and you'll wake up satisfied.

Nice. I wonder how accurate what you heard in the dream was.
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

Online LKB

• Veteran member
  • Currently Listening to:
    something between my ears
« Reply #684 on: January 20, 2022, 10:37:36 PM »
Amusing indeed. Were you able from the sounds you probably heard in the dream to tell that she used the Rattle recording and not the Haitink?

In the dream, she removed the CD at one point and l saw it was the Rattle recording, which l own ( and enjoy ) in waking life. I can remember there being sound in the dream, but not identifiable music.
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...