The Back Room > The Diner

The Boris Johnson thread.

(1/100) > >>

vandermolen:
Here is a nice uncontroversial one for you.

Johnson rather likes to compare himself with Churchill but I rather liked the observation that 'Churchill had personality and character. Johnson has personality.'

Any views?

Christo:

--- Quote from: vandermolen on June 15, 2019, 03:21:09 AM ---Here is a nice uncontroversial one for you.

Johnson rather likes to compare himself with Churchill but I rather liked the observation that 'Churchill had personality and character. Johnson has personality.'

Any views?
--- End quote ---
It's also fair to consider Churchill a disaster until 1940 - and then he had his finest hour (lasting for two years) which deserves him all posterior praise. Thus far Boris only succesfully copied the disaster.  :D

Florestan:
Churchill needed a nemesis on the scale of Hitler in order to show himself a decent chap, a brave man and a sensible stateman --- all of which he was, no doubts.

Who is Johnson's Hitler, I wonder?  ;D

Todd:
Only three posts to get to Hitler.

Florestan:

--- Quote from: Todd on June 15, 2019, 06:09:43 AM ---Only three posts to get to Hitler.

--- End quote ---

;D

Hey, don't get me wrong, Boris Johnson would have been no match for Hitler. But can you really divorce Churchill's achievements and fame from his battle with Hitler? What would have Churchill achieved without the latter?

No, honestly, Churchill got itto power with the specific purpose to oppose, and later defeat, Hitler. What's so strange in my naming the later guy?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version