Author Topic: The Boris Johnson thread.  (Read 113802 times)

Offline Irons

• Veteran member
Re: The Boris Johnson thread.
« Reply #440 on: August 28, 2020, 06:06:55 AM »
I don't know yet but I gather that the desks have been spaced out. I've received so many emails from the school containing instructions of one kind or another that I feel fairly spaced out myself!

;D
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
« Reply #441 on: August 29, 2020, 04:16:08 AM »
I don't know yet but I gather that the desks have been spaced out. I've received so many emails from the school containing instructions of one kind or another that I feel fairly spaced out myself!
Oh, noooo!  :(

PD

Offline Mandryka

• Veteran member
« Reply #442 on: September 02, 2020, 08:44:23 AM »
First The Mail and now The Express gets the knives out for Boris. I wonder if the Tory press will swing to Starmer's Labour, which is, after all, quite tory.

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/expresscomment/1330470/prime-ministers-questions-PMQs-Boris-Johnson-keir-starmer-exams-brexit

The soundbites were easy and plentiful. Boris had a “tin ear” for criticism, this was the a “wasted Summer” of “serial incompetence” and the Labour leader even quoted one of Boris's own MP's as saying “it is mess after mess, god knows what's going on.”

Boris could only glare furiously from across the despatch box.

To give you some idea of just how rattled the Prime Minster was his ill-tempered response to Starmer's barbs was not jovial Boris knock-backs but a series of rambling and slightly incoherent accusations that the Labour leader was an EU-backing Remainer (true, but irrelevant) and that he was an IRA sympathiser.

It came across as desperate stuff. Starmer spent five years in Northern Ireland prosecuting high-ranking members of the IRA... a fact he studiously, if slightly over-gleefully, pointed out.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #443 on: September 05, 2020, 08:58:17 AM »
First The Mail and now The Express gets the knives out for Boris. I wonder if the Tory press will swing to Starmer's Labour, which is, after all, quite tory.

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/expresscomment/1330470/prime-ministers-questions-PMQs-Boris-Johnson-keir-starmer-exams-brexit
V interesting the Express article. Thanks for posting it.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Offline Mandryka

• Veteran member
« Reply #444 on: September 15, 2020, 10:36:32 PM »
Post deleted because source could not be verified.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Offline Herman

• Veteran member
  • there's something wrong with my brain
« Reply #445 on: September 20, 2020, 10:52:21 AM »
BoJo is having people talk to the tabloids about how he's barely able to afford a nanny on the PM salary.

Not for himself, but for the baby, of course.