The Boris Johnson thread.

Started by vandermolen, June 15, 2019, 04:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irons

Quote from: vandermolen on May 10, 2021, 09:06:53 AM
Indeed - it's currently in self-destruct mode but things can change quickly in politics.

Harold Wilson: "A week in politics is a long time".
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

Mandryka

My dog Dilyn can't control his romantic urges, says Boris Johnson

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57987491
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Papy Oli

Olivier

mabuse

At a neighbor's house, I also know a little Yorkie female who has a very intense sentimental affair with her pet toy, a kind of teddy bear... Their frolics surprised me the first time!  :D

Irons

Quote from: mabuse on July 28, 2021, 02:40:08 AM

At a neighbor's house, I also know a little Yorkie female who has a very intense sentimental affair with her pet toy, a kind of teddy bear... Their frolics surprised me the first time!  :D

Bet the teddy bear surprised too!
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

mabuse

Quote from: Irons on July 28, 2021, 07:43:23 AM
Bet the teddy bear surprised too!

I don't wish anyone to go through what the teddy bear has to go through !

It is this kind of product :

Maybe Boris Johnson should get one  ;D

Irons

Quote from: mabuse on July 28, 2021, 11:49:32 AM
I don't wish anyone to go through what the teddy bear has to go through !

It is this kind of product :

Maybe Boris Johnson should get one  ;D

No good for Boris, the carton says low stuffing!

mabuse

So, Dylin might miss Bailey ?

Boris Johnson's dog Dilyn has been barred from contact with Chancellor Sajid Javid's pooch Bailey in the Downing Street garden.

https://mypetmatters.co.uk/boris-johnsons-randy-dog/

Mandryka

A shocking indictment of the appalling state of politics in the Uk

71 dB

Quote from: Irons on September 27, 2021, 01:28:14 PM
the Government should have never allowed this to happen...

Yep, but that requires the Government actually cares about normal people. They don't. They only care about themselves. People will suffer as long as they vote for these clowns. Let's hope the brits wake up before it is too late, before Priti Patel's fasism ruins everything... 
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Irons

Quote from: 71 dB on September 28, 2021, 03:05:25 AM
Yep, but that requires the Government actually cares about normal people. They don't. They only care about themselves. People will suffer as long as they vote for these clowns. Let's hope the brits wake up before it is too late, before Priti Patel's fasism ruins everything...

With respect bringing Priti Patel in the discussion shows how little you know about British politics. She is a nonentity! Talks the talk and completely incapable of walking the walk.

71 dB

Quote from: Irons on September 28, 2021, 07:30:51 AM
With respect bringing Priti Patel in the discussion shows how little you know about British politics. She is a nonentity! Talks the talk and completely incapable of walking the walk.

How much do you expect me to know as a non-brit? I don't know much. Her proposals are so dangerous, not walking the walk is a great thing! The question is how long before she is replaced by someone equally evil, but more competent?

Irons

Quote from: 71 dB on September 28, 2021, 08:32:30 AM
How much do you expect me to know as a non-brit? I don't know much. Her proposals are so dangerous, not walking the walk is a great thing! The question is how long before she is replaced by someone equally evil, but more competent?

Exactly. I do not wish to be rude but I would not comment on Finnish politics as I know bugger all of the subject. Criticising a foreign government policy is fair and right as no country operates in a vacuum, Brexit for example, not only affects the UK but EU too.
But character assassination is not fair, Priti Patel isn't evil and shock horror, nor is Johnson. They may be incompetent but that is an entirely different matter and dare I say it for the British electorate to decide.   

71 dB

Quote from: Irons on September 29, 2021, 08:06:39 AM
Exactly. I do not wish to be rude but I would not comment on Finnish politics as I know bugger all of the subject. Criticising a foreign government policy is fair and right as no country operates in a vacuum, Brexit for example, not only affects the UK but EU too.
But character assassination is not fair, Priti Patel isn't evil and shock horror, nor is Johnson. They may be incompetent but that is an entirely different matter and dare I say it for the British electorate to decide.   

Why do you defend Priti Patel and Boris Johnson? They don't need anybody defending them. They are in power, the elite. They are enourmously privileged. People who suffer because of their dragonian politics need defending. The British goverment has payed in total about £400.000 compensations for people who have worked for Priti Patel and been bullied by her. She wants capital punishment back. She wants to reduce the freedom of speech in society. She planned prison camps in Africa. If that kind of stuff doesn't make someone evil, I don't know what does.

Irons

Quote from: 71 dB on September 29, 2021, 08:16:48 AM
Why do you defend Priti Patel and Boris Johnson? They don't need anybody defending them. They are in power, the elite. They are enourmously privileged. People who suffer because of their dragonian politics need defending. The British goverment has payed in total about £400.000 compensations for people who have worked for Priti Patel and been bullied by her. She wants capital punishment back. She wants to reduce the freedom of speech in society. She planned prison camps in Africa. If that kind of stuff doesn't make someone evil, I don't know what does.

I don't like all this keyboard warrior stuff. Life is never black or white, evil or saintly. I try to have more balance. The last person I wish to defend is Priti Patel - but I will. I would willingly pull the lever to send the murderer of Sarah Everard, PC Wayne Couzens to extinction. As for the Civil Service, I have some inside knowledge there. You talk about the elite! At least Boris and his bunch are elected. You could not find more self-serving and over-paid then at Whitehall, telling one of that lot to get their effing finger out is the best thing she has done. If reducing free speech is banning idiots super-gluing their hands to the M25 and disrupting lives then go ahead. I don't quite understand why she is Home Secretary because politically she is useless. But evil?   

71 dB

Quote from: Irons on September 30, 2021, 01:03:38 AM
I don't like all this keyboard warrior stuff. Life is never black or white, evil or saintly. I try to have more balance. The last person I wish to defend is Priti Patel - but I will. I would willingly pull the lever to send the murderer of Sarah Everard, PC Wayne Couzens to extinction. As for the Civil Service, I have some inside knowledge there. You talk about the elite! At least Boris and his bunch are elected. You could not find more self-serving and over-paid then at Whitehall, telling one of that lot to get their effing finger out is the best thing she has done. If reducing free speech is banning idiots super-gluing their hands to the M25 and disrupting lives then go ahead. I don't quite understand why she is Home Secretary because politically she is useless. But evil?

I don't know who Sarah Everard or PC Wayne Couzens are, but capital punishment doesn't belong to the 21st century western develop countries. Only the US (in some states) and Japan has it anymore, plus of course many less developed barbarian countries.

Boris Johnson was elected thanks to the right-wing media supporting him and ignorant misled britons thinking he is a good leader because he has got funny charisma (some things as with Trump!).

Also, you should care about freedoms more, because at some point YOUR OWN freedoms might be in danger. This is the mistake people have done many times in history. People don't care about the freedoms on other people. That means nobody cares about YOUR freedoms either and one day they are gone. Priti Patel wants media punished for reporting stuff that makes those in power uncomfortable. If you don't see the massive problem and danger in such a lunatic proposal then I don't know what to say. One of the most important roles of the news media is to tell what politicians do, keep them in line. Freedom and democracy is not to be taken for granted.

Priti Patel is not a demonic creature, but she is evil in the way she uses her power bullying other people. Her politics, especially her hate of immigrants other than "valuable experts" showcase her lack of humanism. She is not interested of regular people. She is interested of herself. Otherwise she would not say the things she does. That is why I call her evil.   

mahler10th

Quote from: 71 dB on September 30, 2021, 01:56:21 AM
...capital punishment doesn't belong to the 21st century western develop countries. Only the US (in some states) and Japan has it anymore, plus of course many less developed barbarian countries.
Boris Johnson was elected thanks to the right-wing media supporting him and ignorant misled britons thinking he is a good leader because he has got funny charisma (some things as with Trump!).
Also, you should care about freedoms more, because at some point YOUR OWN freedoms might be in danger. This is the mistake people have done many times in history. People don't care about the freedoms on other people. That means nobody cares about YOUR freedoms either and one day they are gone. Priti Patel wants media punished for reporting stuff that makes those in power uncomfortable. If you don't see the massive problem and danger in such a lunatic proposal then I don't know what to say. One of the most important roles of the news media is to tell what politicians do, keep them in line. Freedom and democracy is not to be taken for granted.
Priti Patel is not a demonic creature, but she is evil in the way she uses her power bullying other people. Her politics, especially her hate of immigrants other than "valuable experts" showcase her lack of humanism. She is not interested of regular people. She is interested of herself. Otherwise she would not say the things she does. That is why I call her evil.   

+1

Mandryka

Mandryka

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).