The Boris Johnson thread.

Started by vandermolen, June 15, 2019, 04:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBS

Quote from: Que on November 03, 2019, 09:01:32 AM
Boris Johnson's saving grace in the upcoming elections will be that most people really dislike Jeremy Corbyn...

How sad is that?  ::)

Q

Even sadder... Jeremy Corbyn's saving grace in the upcoming elections will be that most people really dislike Boris Johnson.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Que

Quote from: JBS on November 03, 2019, 04:39:18 PM
Even sadder... Jeremy Corbyn's saving grace in the upcoming elections will be that most people really dislike Boris Johnson.

The last bit is certainly true... But I don't think that many Conservative voters will vote Labour instead, more likely Lib Dem.

Q

Irons

Quote from: Que on November 03, 2019, 09:20:57 PM
The last bit is certainly true... But I don't think that many Conservative voters will vote Labour instead, more likely Lib Dem.

Q

I think the Tories are more worried about the Brexit party then the Lib Dems, but I agree they won't vote Labour.

You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

mc ukrneal

Corbyn will likely go the way of Kinnock - always the brides maid.

By the way, have you seen the new Love Actually style Johnson ad? It's actually quite effective...
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Iota

A musical exposition of what some might feel is Mr Johnson's most salient quality ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_G-FBSf1UI

Mandryka

French TV just had quite a nice discussion, C'est dans l'air on TV5. The line was that Corbyn's failure is in not uniting anti Brexit parties, and not being able to turn the focus of the campaign away from Brexit. BJ's success is in uniting pro Brexit parties and keeping the focus on Brexit.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Que

Crunch time for Boris today....

Will he get his majority or will it be a hung parliament?  ::)

I wish our UK voters wisdom in making their choice. Their choice will be crucial for the future of their country, and of Europe as well....

Q

jess

am feeling tired and i misread the thread title as 'Boris Johnson is Dead' but now I realise that's just wishful thinking

Mandryka

I hope everyone has seen this  -- I can't remember anything remotely like it in British politics before.

https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTOu5ul9HE

steve ridgway

Quote from: Mandryka on December 12, 2019, 05:22:53 AM
I hope everyone has seen this  -- I can't remember anything remotely like it in British politics before.

https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTOu5ul9HE

I hadn't seen the video but this simplistic message to everyone who is sick of the whole Brexit process has been repeated a lot recently.

Mandryka

Oven ready . . . Blue Peter . . .

André

Christo

A historic moment.

End of the UK, independence of Scotland, unification of Ireland (over time), loss of Gibraltar and the two bases on Cyprus, Channell Islands and Isle of Man loosing their ties with the UK and opting for the EU instead. And what will be the effect on Wales? At least more political and cultural autonomy in the future, isn't it?  Yet another troubling question, what will happen to all the territories oversea?  ???
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Florestan

Quote from: Christo on December 12, 2019, 01:33:35 PM
A historic moment.

End of the UK, independence of Scotland, unification of Ireland (over time), loss of Gibraltar and the two bases on Cyprus, Channell Islands and Isle of Man loosing their ties with the UK and opting for the EU instead.

Hold your horses, young man!

Questions:

1. What will be the currency of a putatively independent Scotland?

2. A putatively independent Scotland will have at least one vote against his accession to the EU, thus blocking the whole thing. Can you guess which country will vote against?

3. Are you really arguing that, over time, the DUP and the Fianna Fail will agree to live and compete peacefully in the same country?

4. How is Gibraltar going to be lost by UK? And to whom?

5. How are the two bases on Cyprus, Channell Islands and Isle of Man going to sever their ties with UK and become part of the EU?

TIA for your answers.

Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

vandermolen

Quote from: Christo on December 12, 2019, 01:33:35 PM
A historic moment.

End of the UK, independence of Scotland, unification of Ireland (over time), loss of Gibraltar and the two bases on Cyprus, Channell Islands and Isle of Man loosing their ties with the UK and opting for the EU instead. And what will be the effect on Wales? At least more political and cultural autonomy in the future, isn't it?  Yet another troubling question, what will happen to all the territories oversea?  ???

Yes. IMO it's a complete disaster for the UK.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Florestan

Quote from: vandermolen on December 12, 2019, 01:53:47 PM
Yes. IMO it's a complete disaster for the UK.

Oh, come on, Jeffrey! Would you care to answer my questions above?

Florestan

I don't quite get it, folks! Democratic, free elections have been called --- they took place --- yet their result is a complete disaster!

Why?

Ken B

Quote from: Que on December 11, 2019, 10:16:03 PM
Crunch time for Boris today....

Will he get his majority or will it be a hung parliament?  ::)

I wish our UK voters wisdom in making their choice. Their choice will be crucial for the future of their country, and of Europe as well....

Q

They done good. 191 mistakes.

Christo

Quote from: Florestan on December 12, 2019, 02:05:27 PM
I don't quite get it, folks! Democratic, free elections have been called --- they took place --- yet their result is a complete disaster!

Why?
Partly because the 'system' is hardly - to put it nicely - democratic at all, fortifying extremes only.
(Another one of course, that every place on earth monopolized by the Murdoch media is vulnerable to all kinds of distraction, Russian trolls & algorythms also helping, but the MMM probably a decisive factor over the last decades. Democracy cannot stand without Journalism, as proven by what we see occurring in US, UK and also Israel. But that's another story.  ;D
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Florestan

Quote from: Christo on December 12, 2019, 02:27:14 PM
that's another story.  ;D

That's actually blah blah blah.

Please answer this, TIA:

Quote from: Florestan on December 12, 2019, 01:52:01 PM
Questions:

1. What will be the currency of a putatively independent Scotland?

2. A putatively independent Scotland will have at least one vote against his accession to the EU, thus blocking the whole thing. Can you guess which country will vote against?

3. Are you really arguing that, over time, the DUP and the Fianna Fail will agree to live and compete peacefully in the same country?

4. How is Gibraltar going to be lost by UK? And to whom?

5. How are the two bases on Cyprus, Channell Islands and Isle of Man going to sever their ties with UK and become part of the EU?