And They're Off! The Democratic Candidates for 2020

Started by JBS, June 26, 2019, 05:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71 dB

Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

SimonNZ

Who do you think is watching this shit?

Who do you think might be persuaded by this shot?

Has even one person here said anything positive about these?

Herman

So the Young Turks has turned into Bernie's Fox as it were?

Herman

After last night's debate I think the best thing to do for the Democratic party is to forget about it, cede the election to DJT and go and reorganise their shit so as to produce two or three viable candidates for 2024 (if the world still exists by then, including electoral politics in the USA).

Alternatively they can nominate Bernie, which amounts to the same thing.

Marc

Quote from: Herman on February 20, 2020, 12:25:28 AM
After last night's debate I think the best thing to do for the Democratic party is to forget about it, cede the election to DJT and go and reorganise their shit so as to produce two or three viable candidates for 2024 (if the world still exists by then, including electoral politics in the USA).

Alternatively they can nominate Bernie, which amounts to the same thing.

The fun thing with them Dems is that Bloomberg is now given the same treatment as Trump received back in 2015/2016 by his GOP rivals. That worked out just fine. NOT.

71 dB

Hah, Bloomberg got DESTROYED in the Nevada debate! Bernie did well, but Elizabeth Warren was on fire attacking this entitled oligarch.  >:D

71 dB

Quote from: Marc on February 20, 2020, 12:32:29 AM
The fun thing with them Dems is that Bloomberg is now given the same treatment as Trump received back in 2015/2016 by his GOP rivals. That worked out just fine. NOT.

Trump has charisma and knows what people want to hear. Bloomberg doesn't and money can't buy charisma...  ::)

Herman

Quote from: 71 dB on February 20, 2020, 01:10:59 AM
Trump has charisma and knows what people want to hear. Bloomberg doesn't and money can't buy charisma...  ::)

Eh, money = charisma...

71 dB

Quote from: Herman on February 20, 2020, 02:53:50 AM
Eh, money = charisma...

I guess Jeff Bezos is the most charismatic of them all...  ::)

Marc

Quote from: 71 dB on February 20, 2020, 01:10:59 AM
Trump has charisma and knows what people want to hear. [...]

Did you think this about Trump already in 2015/2016?

Because only a few morons seriously gave him a chance to become POTUS when he announced his candidacy.
(I have to admit that I was such a moron and was verbally punished severely by quite some friends and colleagues "You, Marc, are completely biased against Americans. But you don't need to fear: only a few rich kids and a handful of rednecks are gonna vote for this idiot.")

Quote from: 71 dB
[...] Bloomberg doesn't and money can't buy charisma...  ::)

That sounds logical. But money can buy you a(n awful) lot.
Besides that: considering what's going on in the US of A (among other countries) right now, I would not always put my cash on logic.

71 dB

Quote from: Marc on February 20, 2020, 03:50:09 AM
Did you think this about Trump already in 2015/2016?

I was clueless of US politics before Trump won. I never believed Trump could win. I thought Hillary Clinton will win for sure. Trump's victory was a total surprise for me and I wanted to understand how he won and I started to follow US politics. I discovered the lefties like Kyle Kulinski who explaned to me what had happened and how US politics is. I knew Trump has some charisma and appeal as a TV celebrity, but I was so naive and clueless just 3.5 years ago.  ;D

Quote from: Marc on February 20, 2020, 03:50:09 AMBecause only a few morons seriously gave him a chance to become POTUS when he announced his candidacy.
(I have to admit that I was such a moron and was verbally punished severely by quite some friends and colleagues "You, Marc, are completely biased against Americans. But you don't need to fear: only a few rich kids and a handful of rednecks are gonna vote for this idiot.")

Well, I was one of the morons who thought Hillary Clinton would beat Trump. I even wrote on this forum  Hillary Clinton will become a good president! I was so totally clueless, totally unaware of how bad candidate Hillary Clinton was while knowing nothing about Bernie Sanders! I never followed the primaries in 2016, hardly even the general election. I remember how Katy Perry campaigned a lot for Hillary, but that's it.  ;D
Trump's victory was a huge shock for me, but thanks to Trump I started to follow American politics and now I feell I know things even better than most Americans on these forums (who look shockingly clueless to me especially when it comes to trusting corporate media compared to independent lefties and how popular left wing policies are in the US).  :P

Florestan

Quote from: 71 dB on February 20, 2020, 08:09:00 AM
I was clueless of US politics before Trump won. I never believed Trump could win. I thought Hillary Clinton will win for sure.

In  2016 I was torn between Hillary's going business as usual about NATO (which, as a Romanian, is my first and foremost concern about US foreign policy) and my absolute dislike and rejection of her social liberalism and progressivism. I'm glad that, eventually, NATO is more or less the same and Hillary's social leftism did not prevail.

For 2020 I am not torn at all. I believe Trump (whom I moderately dislike) will win a second term. I also believe the sky is not gonna fall, the world is not gonna come to an end and GMG is not gonna run much slower than usual because of that.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

SimonNZ

and now I feell I know things even better than most Americans on these forums

You don't. And you make yourself a laughing stock every time you say this. Do you want to be laughed at?

JBS

I was clueless of US politics before Trump won. I never believed Trump could win. I thought Hillary Clinton will win for sure. Trump's victory was a total surprise for me and I wanted to understand how he won and I started to follow US politics. I discovered the lefties like Kyle Kulinski who explaned to me what had happened and how US politics is. I knew Trump has some charisma and appeal as a TV celebrity, but I was so naive and clueless just 3.5 years ago.  ;D

Well, I was one of the morons who thought Hillary Clinton would beat Trump. I even wrote on this forum  Hillary Clinton will become a good president! I was so totally clueless, totally unaware of how bad candidate Hillary Clinton was while knowing nothing about Bernie Sanders! I never followed the primaries in 2016, hardly even the general election. I remember how Katy Perry campaigned a lot for Hillary, but that's it.  ;D
Trump's victory was a huge shock for me, but thanks to Trump I started to follow American politics and now I feell I know things even better than most Americans on these forums (who look shockingly clueless to me especially when it comes to trusting corporate media compared to independent lefties and how popular left wing policies are in the US).  :P

You actually know less now than you did before you began trying to learn about our politics.

Bernie's policy proposals are based on enormous amounts of government intrusion into areas of the economy, including areas that have up to now been mostly left to the local and state governments.  Bernie wants the federal government to force itself into a supervisory role in areas which until now it no role or only a limited role to play.   His housing program represents a major amount of expansion of the federal government's powers in housing, for example.  The Green New Deal could in theory put the entire US economy under the thumb of federal bureaucrats.  And the taxes he would need to pay for all his programs would hit everyone who is not in the lowest income brackets.  If you actuallly knew as much as you think you know about American politics, you would understand why such an agenda is a losing proposition.

Leftist policies are always popular,  until people are asked about the government interference and high taxes that implementing them would require.  Then they are not so popular, for some strange reason.

Which means that if Bernie does win the Democratic nomination, Trump will win.  And the Democrats will have only themselves to blame for allow the progressive wing to dominate the political discussion.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

71 dB

Quote from: SimonNZ on February 20, 2020, 11:58:22 AM
You don't. And you make yourself a laughing stock every time you say this. Do you want to be laughed at?

Someone will always laugh at me online no matter what I said. I don't mind clueless people laughing at me. I know I am better than them. You need to earn my respect for me to take you seriously. You write a lot of good stuff when it's about Trump, but you are quite clueless about some other stuff. I can understand some of your ignorance since you are not an American, but the way you think you know better than I is something I find funny. You seem pretty blind to the lies of corporate media which makes me wonder if the media in your own country is also corporate. I don't follow New Zealand politics and I'm sure you don't follow Finnish politics. That's fine. This is about American politics and I have been following it quite intensively the last 3 years.

71 dB

Quote from: JBS on February 20, 2020, 12:03:02 PMWhich means that if Bernie does win the Democratic nomination, Trump will win.  And the Democrats will have only themselves to blame for allow the progressive wing to dominate the political discussion.

How do you explain all the polls where Bernie beats Trump? A corporate candidate lost to Trump. That much we do know.

SimonNZ

Quote from: 71 dB on February 20, 2020, 01:58:12 PM
Someone will always laugh at me online no matter what I said. I don't mind clueless people laughing at me. I know I am better than them. You need to earn my respect for me to take you seriously. You write a lot of good stuff when it's about Trump, but you are quite clueless about some other stuff. I can understand some of your ignorance since you are not an American, but the way you think you know better than I is something I find funny. You seem pretty blind to the lies of corporate media which makes me wonder if the media in your own country is also corporate. I don't follow New Zealand politics and I'm sure you don't follow Finnish politics. That's fine. This is about American politics and I have been following it quite intensively the last 3 years.

No. You've been watching one YT chanel for three years. You'd have no idea what other media are doing or how "corporate" (whatever you take that catch-all term to mean) their various reporting is, beyond what that one source tells you. Nor have you considered that its in their cynical interest to dissuade you from looking elsewhere.

Its as laughable as me saying I know nothing about this until three years ago I met a guy at the bar and every night since then he's ranted at me for an hour and now I have expert knowledge.

Read just one serious book on American history and politics and you'll realize just how very little you really know. Either that or just continue to look ridiculous.

71 dB

Quote from: SimonNZ on February 20, 2020, 02:14:56 PM
No. You've been watching one YT chanel for three years. You'd have no idea what other media are doing or how "corporate" (whatever you take that catch-all term to mean) their various reporting is, beyond what that one source tells you. Nor have you considered that its in their cynical interest to dissuade you from looking elsewhere.

Its as laughable as me saying I know nothing about this until three years ago I met a guy at the bar and every night since then he's ranted at me for an hour and now I have expert knowledge.

Read just one serious book on American history and politics and you'll realize just how very little you really know. Either that or just continue to look ridiculous.

One YT channel?? Are you kidding me? I have been watching countless of YTchannels, many of them commenting on other channels. You also assume I am some sort of low education, low IQ moron who can't use his own head. Do you think I take as a given EVERYTHING? No, I use my own head. It doesn't take many braincells for a person not brainwashed to see what the corporate media in the US is doing.

Since you like reading books, here is one recommendation for you: Krystal Ball, Saagar Enjeti - "The Populist's Guide to 2020: A New Right and New Left are Rising"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Populists-Guide-2020-Right-Rising/dp/1947492454/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=populist+guide&qid=1582241293&s=music&sr=8-1

SimonNZ

Ah...but are you recommending me a book you've read or a book a YT oracle has told you to recommend...hmm?

"I have been watching countless of YTchannels, many of them commenting on other channels."

my very first thought: "We play both kinds: Country and Western"

JBS

Quote from: 71 dB on February 20, 2020, 02:00:31 PM
How do you explain all the polls where Bernie beats Trump? A corporate candidate lost to Trump. That much we do know.

A corrupt arrogant woman lost. You are working under the delusion Hillary's policies were rejected by the voters. They were not. Hillary the person was rejected.

The polls don't reflect two important things: first,  the number of people who will vote for Trump because Sanders is the Democratic nominee.  Second, the number of people who will turn away from Sanders once they realize how much of his agenda is devoted to imposing big government control over parts of their lives that up until now have either not been regulated or left to states and local governments. Medicare for All is the least objectionable thing on Bernie's agenda.  My only objection to it is that it wouldn't work the way Bernie and the Young Turks claim it would. His other programs make him verge on Communism, so reliant are they on the central government controlling everything.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk