And They're Off! The Democratic Candidates for 2020

Started by JBS, June 26, 2019, 05:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBS

Quote from: 71 dB on December 02, 2019, 09:56:56 AM
Kamala Harris dropping out soon?

If you believe some of the talking heads in the MSM, those are false narratives being touted by the MSM to stifle the candidacy of a woman of color.

I don't particularly care for Ms Harris, so I would see her dropping out of the race as being a good thing.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

71 dB

Quote from: JBS on December 02, 2019, 10:37:37 AM
If you believe some of the talking heads in the MSM, those are false narratives being touted by the MSM to stifle the candidacy of a woman of color.

I don't particularly care for Ms Harris, so I would see her dropping out of the race as being a good thing.

I don't need to "believe talking heads." I am able to use my own head and see her campaign is in trouble. I am not into identity politics. To me it doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman or a transvestite, white, black, young, old, straight, gay etc. All I care about is policy.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

milk

Quote from: 71 dB on December 01, 2019, 11:14:22 AM
Maybe Cory Booker should look at the polls, call it a day and drop out? Money, love and "unity" won't help him at this point.
Maybe so. Brave guy though. Ran into a burning building to save people. True story. Let's give him another few weeks.

JBS

Quote from: 71 dB on December 02, 2019, 02:19:45 PM
I don't need to "believe talking heads." I am able to use my own head and see her campaign is in trouble. I am not into identity politics. To me it doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman or a transvestite, white, black, young, old, straight, gay etc. All I care about is policy.

So you trust the MSM narrative regarding Senator Harris but don't accept the MSM narrative regarding Bernie.

But it's all the same source...

dissily Mordentroge

Quote from: Que on June 27, 2019, 10:48:11 PM
Sorry to intrude at another American political party...

But in my humble outsider opinion the problem with the US is not that Democrats are not in power.

Your presidential, two party system has been malfunctioning for a long time and is now close to a breakdown. This political crisis is combined with a huge divisions in an increasing violent society and a general and deep rooted lack of trust in federal government
Getting "the right people" into office is not going to fix this.... I think... ::)
Q
Some truth in that but not the main problem which is the delusion the US is anything like a full democracy. With an Executive Branch holding under the present constitution the kind of powers Trump has been unleashing on the nation any idea of the US being a full democracy wilfully ignores the truth.
Then we have the electoral system ( if that's what you can call it) which permits the disenfranchisement of large groups of citizens making a mockery of any idea of universal suffrage. Add to this a society armed to the teeth, stir in a mentally unstable President who could very probably refuse to step down if he loses the next election and the prospect of a second civil war becomes very real. Knowing thugs like Putin are gleefully manipulating this mess behind the scenes , add an irrational, hypocritical religious right and doubt things aren't going to improve for a very long time.Why should any of this bother those of us living outside the Land of The Brave and The 'Free'? Because a childish, impulsive fool has his fingers on the red button.   

dissily Mordentroge

duplicate post removed. No idea why this keeps happening/

71 dB

Quote from: JBS on December 02, 2019, 05:56:39 PM
So you trust the MSM narrative regarding Senator Harris but don't accept the MSM narrative regarding Bernie.

But it's all the same source...

Why do you think only SMS talks about Kamala Harris? They were the the one thinking she had a change! You know I trust independent lefty outlets.

dissily Mordentroge

Quote from: 71 dB on December 03, 2019, 01:43:10 AM
Why do you think only SMS talks about Kamala Harris? They were the the one thinking she had a change! You know I trust independent lefty outlets.
Would you care to nominate the US outfits you think are independent?

71 dB

Quote from: dissily Mordentroge on December 03, 2019, 01:50:36 AM
Would you care to nominate the US outfits you think are independent?

Secular Talk, David Pakman Show, TYT, The Humanist Report, Mike Malloy Show, The Jimmy Dore Show and The Progressive Voice for example.

dissily Mordentroge

Quote from: 71 dB on December 03, 2019, 01:55:16 AM
Secular Talk, David Pakman Show, TYT, The Humanist Report, Mike Malloy Show, The Jimmy Dore Show and The Progressive Voice for example.
Just listened to Mike Malloy on Trump. Very refreshing. I'll follow up on the others tomorrow, none of which I'm aware of getting any coverage in Australia.

71 dB

Quote from: dissily Mordentroge on December 03, 2019, 02:01:19 AM
Just listened to Mike Malloy on Trump. Very refreshing. I'll follow up on the others tomorrow, none of which I'm aware of getting any coverage in Australia.

Why would they get any coverage in Australia or elsewhere for that matter? They are independent outlets. You have to discover them yourself. Luckily Youtube recommends others when you discover one, or at least it used to. Nowawadays Youtube tries to lead people to mainstream channels because of the stupid decisions they have been making, but it is what it is.

JBS

Quote from: dissily Mordentroge on December 03, 2019, 02:01:19 AM

I ought to give you fair warning: 71db's favorites are, in US terms, well to the Left of the mainstream, and are heavily biased towards the Left.  When you listen to them, keep in  mind their presentation is just as inaccurate as Breitbart, only to the other side . 71db persistently mistakes their advocacy as accurate because of his own Leftism accords with theirs. 

By all means, listen to them, but remember they don't actually give you an accurate presentation of how most Americans think and feel.

71 dB

Quote from: JBS on December 03, 2019, 05:57:05 AM
71db's favorites are, in US terms, well to the Left of the mainstream, and are heavily biased towards the Left.

Yes, and they admit to that. They tell their bias. It's not a secret to anyone. In US society where the political Overton Window has moved a mile and a half right, their bias looks heavily lefty. In reality their bias is rather center or a little bit left from center and reflects the views of most Americans, althou the corporate media renders a different faulty narrative. People like AOC and Bernie Sanders have moved the Overton Window a little bit back to the where it should be and "fringe" ideas like medicare for all aren't considered "fringe" anymore by most Americans and Americans know the current healthcare system is the "fringe" one in leaving millions uninsured and costing much more than healthcare in other countries.

Quote from: JBS on December 03, 2019, 05:57:05 AMWhen you listen to them, keep in  mind their presentation is just as inaccurate as Breitbart, only to the other side . 71db persistently mistakes their advocacy as accurate because of his own Leftism accords with theirs.

Not true at all. You cannot compare Breitbart to these lefty outlets I listed. Maybe you can't see the difference because you are totally brainwashed by the corporate media, but people in other countries can see the difference.

Quote from: JBS on December 03, 2019, 05:57:05 AMBy all means, listen to them, but remember they don't actually give you an accurate presentation of how most Americans think and feel.

Actually they do. Polls show that. The lefty politics they advocate are massively popular, althou as I said the corporate media brainwashes people like you to think otherwise and try to smear things for example fearmongering about medicare for all.

Ratliff

Quote from: JBS on December 03, 2019, 05:57:05 AM
I ought to give you fair warning: 71db's favorites are, in US terms, well to the Left of the mainstream, and are heavily biased towards the Left.  When you listen to them, keep in  mind their presentation is just as inaccurate as Breitbart, only to the other side . 71db persistently mistakes their advocacy as accurate because of his own Leftism accords with theirs. 

By all means, listen to them, but remember they don't actually give you an accurate presentation of how most Americans think and feel.

You've given yourself the responsibility of providing trigger warnings for 71dB posts? :)

71 dB

Quote from: Ratliff on December 03, 2019, 08:41:52 AM
You've give. Yourself the responsibility of providing trigger warnings for 71dB posts? :)

He clearly can't stand the humiliation of a Finnish guy undertanding US politics better than himself.

AlberichUndHagen

Quote from: 71 dB on December 03, 2019, 08:48:37 AM
He clearly can't stand the humiliation of a Finnish guy undertanding US politics better than himself.

Your understanding of English could be better, though.

SimonNZ

Karl Henning

I guess you'll never tire of flattering yourself.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

dissily Mordentroge

Most of us outside the US can see the madness of American politics but not that many can understand it.