I believe this is where you introduce yourself

Started by marche-funebre, September 26, 2019, 12:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marche-funebre

Hello, from somewhere in Europe. I've been listening to classical music for about 35 years and I play the piano. I like music from the renaissance to now, with a particular liking for early 20th century music.

I'm a member of another classical forum, but I haven't posted there in some years because the management is weird.

I'll go off and read some posts now to get a handle on the discussions and members here. :)

Cato

Quote from: marche-funebre on September 26, 2019, 12:49:57 PM
Hello, from somewhere in Europe. I've been listening to classical music for about 35 years and I play the piano. I like music from the renaissance to now, with a particular liking for early 20th century music.

I'm a member of another classical forum, but I haven't posted there in some years because the management is weird.

I'll go off and read some posts now to get a handle on the discussions and members here. :)

Greetings!  You have a rather melancholy alter ego, but many of us here recognize the value of melancholy!  :D

Do you have a penchant for funeral marches really?  Have you heard the little funeral march in the slow movement of Bruckner's Sixth Symphony?  It is one of my favorites.

"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

j winter

The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

mc ukrneal

Be kind to your fellow posters!!

André

Que

Papy Oli

Olivier

vandermolen

Welcome!
Do you know 'Chant Funebre' by Magnard - a fine work?
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Karl Henning

Welcome!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

vers la flamme

Welcome, marche-funebre. You seem like good people to me! In case my username here didn't make this obvious, I also have a deep passion for the music (as well as the art, and everything else) of the early 20th century. You clearly have excellent taste in music. I look forward to reading your perspective on things.

aligreto

Hello and welcome. Post often and please share your musical preferences.

Wanderer

Welcome!

(go to 10:15 for the Marche funèbre:)

Quote from: André on September 26, 2019, 04:11:34 PM
Nice avatar! Frans Hals ?

Yes.  8)