Hello

Started by vers la flamme, August 03, 2019, 10:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vers la flamme

I know some of y'all from another forum, where I go by a different handle. I would often hear people mention GMG, and I didn't realize until now that this forum is still active. I've been lurking for a bit and I like the kind of discussion that I'm seeing, so I've joined up.

I'm new to classical music, but have become obsessive in the past year. I'm into a pretty wide variety of stuff, from medieval to contemporary composers, but some of my favorites include Debussy, Bach, Mahler, Webern, Ravel, Beethoven, Mozart, and Stravinsky. Mainly I am here to expand my perspective, to find new music I might not have otherwise heard, and to have enriching conversations about music with people who might have a different kind of sensibility from my own.

Just wanted to say hello. You all will probably be seeing me around a bit.

bhodges

Welcome, vers! (Does your username mean Scriabin is on your list, as well?  :) )

In any case, have a good time. Lots of knowledgeable and interesting people here.

--Bruce

aligreto

Welcome aboard. Ask questions; there are many knowledgeable and helpful people here willing to help you.

kyjo

Welcome, and looking forward to your contributions! :)
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

david johnson

Welcome among us here.

vers la flamme

Quote from: Brewski on August 03, 2019, 12:33:25 PM
Welcome, vers! (Does your username mean Scriabin is on your list, as well?  :) )

In any case, have a good time. Lots of knowledgeable and interesting people here.

--Bruce

Yes! How could I have forgotten. I'm a huge fan of Scriabin and especially his piano music. I think he was both very ahead of his time and very of his time in different ways.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the warm welcome.

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Ken B

Welcome.
If you are in the market to buy recordings check out the bargains thread and the BoxBlather thread.

SymphonicAddict

I hope the forum gives you both wisdom about composers/works/recordings and entertainment!

vandermolen

Greetings from East Sussex (UK). Hope you enjoy your time here.
:)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).