Kindly help me identify this piece of music from a Marriott Hotel on-hold

Started by JoeTairei, August 09, 2019, 12:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeTairei

While speaking to Marriott Hotels, I was placed on hold the other day and it played this lovely piece that began with piano melody, then strings entered.
I called them back the next day, hoping to be put on hold, but they answered my questions too efficiently.
Then I requested that they put me on hold, and lo and behold, it played the same piece again!
Unfortunately, the sound quality is very poor but I am hoping that some learned person might be able to identify it.

It is in key of D major and begins with piano solo.  A piano concerto, perhaps?  Might be Mozart?

Thanks for any help; this is driving me crazy!
-Joe

JoeTairei

Here is a transcription, if it helps. (not sure how to embed)

some guy

Can't help ya. Sound quality is too bad.

But if you play this backwards, there is some interesting information about the anti-christ and an oblique reference to Sgt. Pepper that I didn' quite catch.

Brian

That definitely sounds like Mozart, but he only wrote three piano concertos in D, and that doesn't sound like those (Nos. 5, 16, 26 iirc). I'm stumped! Feel like I have heard it before so possibly the phone line quality has distorted a concerto originally written in a different key.