Author Topic: Compulsive Disassociative CD Collecting Disease (CDCDCD)  (Read 242251 times)

Offline Alek Hidell

• Currently Listening to:
    Jazz and classical
Re: Compulsive Disassociative CD Collecting Disease (CDCDCD)
« Reply #1580 on: September 15, 2019, 02:31:18 PM »
It is indeed a first world problem. Even if we listened 24/7 for two decades we wouldn't finish. However, isn't the explanation that we are building a library to browse at our leisure?  That makes me feel better.....    0:)

Yes, that's what I tell myself. I don't always convince myself, though.  >:( :D
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Hélder Pessoa Câmara

Offline Mookalafalas

• Veteran member
  • Currently Listening to:
    Telemann, Russian music and musicians, Piano sonatas
Re: Compulsive Disassociative CD Collecting Disease (CDCDCD)
« Reply #1581 on: September 15, 2019, 11:36:26 PM »
Finally completed my boxes (moved upstairs) so now my living room looks almost normal!   ::)

How is your Paillard thinking going? And what are your thoughts about the current Beethoven mania (box frenzy). Clearly all of us have nuuuuumerous versions of almost everything apart from a few unusual works.  I guess we will all listen to Beethoven 24/7 in 2020?
No LvB for me. I've tons, and most of it very good. For a comprehensive set, I love the Sony box, which I got for a song. Excluding that, I could probably play a different disk a day for his whole Birthday year...
   Regarding Paillard, I expect it to go the way of the Cluytens---very, very cheap (eventually). When it's $80-90, I'll think seriously about biting.  I've developed patience in my old age 8)
It's all good...