Parental Control Advice, Please!

Started by Florestan, September 13, 2019, 09:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florestan

Ladies and Gentlemen, I need a good parental control program ---- ideally working both on mobile phones and laptops --- which would allow me to control what my 6-year-old son watches and does on those darn gadgets. Specifically, I'm interested in blocking several Youtube channels and broadcasts. Preferably free of charge. Any suggestion most welcome. Thank you in advance.  :)
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

vandermolen

Not too sure but this might help:

From the Watch Page
Tap More at the top of the video.
Tap Block.
In the dialog box that appears, select Block this video, or select Block this channel to block the channel associated with the video.
Tap Block again.
Enter the numbers that you see written on the screen, or enter your custom passcode.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Florestan

Quote from: vandermolen on September 14, 2019, 12:10:55 AM
Not too sure but this might help:

From the Watch Page
Tap More at the top of the video.
Tap Block.
In the dialog box that appears, select Block this video, or select Block this channel to block the channel associated with the video.
Tap Block again.
Enter the numbers that you see written on the screen, or enter your custom passcode.

It doesn't work except for subscribers to YouTube Parental Control, which is not available in Romania. Anyway, many thanks for your reply, Jeffrey.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Florestan

vandermolen