Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madiel and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Madiel

Quote from: DavidW on April 22, 2024, 09:01:18 AMI wouldn't feel sad for them.  They get to stream whatever they want, whenever they want.  It beats having to save up for a tape and just hoping you like all of it!

Whatever the streaming service continues to supply, for as long as the service continues to supply it.

Noting that certain things get restricted to particular locations. Some of my disc purchases have been partly motivated by online services deciding for me that, because I'm in Australia, I couldn't possibly want to hear that particular thing.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

DavidW

Quote from: Madiel on Today at 07:03:12 AMWhatever the streaming service continues to supply, for as long as the service continues to supply it.

Noting that certain things get restricted to particular locations. Some of my disc purchases have been partly motivated by online services deciding for me that, because I'm in Australia, I couldn't possibly want to hear that particular thing.

I hate geolocking!  I've had that happen on the Kindle multiple times.  It is so frustrating.

Madiel

Quote from: DavidW on Today at 07:07:15 AMI hate geolocking!

I'm surprised at how many forms it takes. Today I tried to set up an account for something for my upcoming trip to Spain and Portugal. It happily let me put in an Australian phone number (as in, Australia was in a list of options), but then the "verify your number" SMS didn't come through. It turns out this company's system won't send me the SMS because I'm in a location they don't operate: Australia!

It's unclear whether it will accept an Australian phone number once I'm on Spanish soil... at which point receiving an SMS will be more difficult than it is now.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!