All About Streaming Music Services

Started by Wakefield, July 02, 2015, 04:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madiel and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DavidW

Quote from: Madiel on April 16, 2024, 12:40:38 PMA lot of those posts weren't needed.

They weren't desired either! :laugh:

AnotherSpin

Quote from: DavidW on April 16, 2024, 01:42:03 PMThey weren't desired either! :laugh:

The inability to distinguish between the desirable and the needed is not as comical as it may seem at first glance. The never ending pursuit of the former is a source of suffering, the latter ensures survival.

DavidW

I've had severe issues with my streamer and after it completely ruined my attempt to listen to Weinberg's 2nd and 21st, I finally gave in and contacted Bluesound's CS.  I think they found a fix and I'm back in business. 

If it didn't work I think I would just take the friction of using my Macbook instead.  Streamers and streaming apps are just not as polished as other modern tech.

I think that I'm right in saying that most of us don't use dedicated streamers?

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: DavidW on Today at 11:00:40 AMI've had severe issues with my streamer and after it completely ruined my attempt to listen to Weinberg's 2nd and 21st, I finally gave in and contacted Bluesound's CS.  I think they found a fix and I'm back in business. 

If it didn't work I think I would just take the friction of using my Macbook instead.  Streamers and streaming apps are just not as polished as other modern tech.

Are you subject to ads using a streaming service?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Spotted Horses

Quote from: DavidW on Today at 11:00:40 AMI've had severe issues with my streamer and after it completely ruined my attempt to listen to Weinberg's 2nd and 21st, I finally gave in and contacted Bluesound's CS.  I think they found a fix and I'm back in business. 

I use Apple Music on a Mac or iPhone, Bluetooth headphones or usb dac. When I had a stereo the dac might connect to my preamp. Now just a headphone amp.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on Today at 11:29:15 AMAre you subject to ads using a streaming service?

PD

Audio streaming, never. Amazon prime video streaming can have ads.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Spotted Horses on Today at 12:04:10 PMAudio streaming, never. Amazon prime video streaming can have ads.
Are there noticeable gaps (spaces) between movements?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on Today at 12:19:25 PMAre there noticeable gaps (spaces) between movements?

PD

No gaps. Once in a blue moon the player seems to get stuck and I have to close and re-open Apple Music to get it working again. And there is an odd problem that on a nearly obsolete version of MacOS Apple Music will refuse to stream a track over Bluetooth to AirPods Max. In that case I end up switching over to another non-obsolete Mac.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Spotted Horses on Today at 01:03:51 PMNo gaps. Once in a blue moon the player seems to get stuck and I have to close and re-open Apple Music to get it working again. And there is an odd problem that on a nearly obsolete version of MacOS Apple Music will refuse to stream a track over Bluetooth to AirPods Max. In that case I end up switching over to another non-obsolete Mac.
Ah, the joys of computers aging.  :(

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Madiel

Quote from: DavidW on Today at 11:00:40 AMI think that I'm right in saying that most of us don't use dedicated streamers?

No I do everything on my iPhone. Either I'm listening on the phone itself (earphones) or I'm sending the signal to my mini hifi system.

The fact that the hifi could handle both streaming and CDs was a key reason I bought it. I was rather surprised such things were so uncommon.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!