Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. D., Harry and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

T. D.

vandermolen

Holst and VW
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Wanderer

DavidW

Qobuz lied to me!  The prices were if you have their premium subs, i.e. fake prices.  They're actually more expensive so I ended up using Presto for all but Chailly M9 (which I still bought from 7digital).  I also bought this set:

This and the concertos were the case were I initially didn't like 'em and then gave them a fresh listen later and fell in love.
Edit: I meant the specific recordings, I've been a fan of the works for most of my adult life.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Wanderer on March 27, 2024, 03:06:38 AM
Wow!  You went on an Anderszewski binge!  ;D

I have two albums of his; that live one and one of Szymanowski.  :) Hope that you enjoy them!

Quote from: DavidW on Today at 05:29:43 AMQobuz lied to me!  The prices were if you have their premium subs, i.e. fake prices.  They're actually more expensive so I ended up using Presto for all but Chailly M9 (which I still bought from 7digital).  I also bought this set:

This and the concertos were the case were I initially didn't like 'em and then gave them a fresh listen later and fell in love.
Other than the prices for those items, what's the benefits of having the premium subscription?

Pohjolas Daughter

DavidW

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on Today at 07:00:34 AMOther than the prices for those items, what's the benefits of having the premium subscription?

No that is it.  The standard already gives you access the the entire catalog with lossless and hd streaming.  The premium adds in discounts on hd tracks in the store.

For Idagio, the standard provides lossless streaming and the premium gives you access to livestreams of concerts (including video).

For myself, I've never been interested in hd audio in the first place, but I've dabbled with the concerts on Idagio. 

Que

Quote from: T. D. on March 26, 2024, 03:59:45 PM

And... do you think it lives up to its reputation?

T. D.

Quote from: Que on Today at 08:01:35 AMAnd... do you think it lives up to its reputation?

I bought physical CD and it hasn't yet shipped.
The whole release was posted to Youtube and I enjoyed it there, though my computer speakers have crap fidelity so the assessment could change.

I have lots of Bach piano recordings but am a harpsichord novice, so my critical comments would be of limited value.
Suzuki's slow pensive approach appealed to me as a change of pace from Hantai, who is my harpsichord point of reference at this stage (Goldbergs, not K d F).