All About Streaming Music Services

Started by Wakefield, July 02, 2015, 04:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

Quote from: Madiel on April 16, 2024, 12:40:38 PMA lot of those posts weren't needed.

They weren't desired either! :laugh:

AnotherSpin

Quote from: DavidW on April 16, 2024, 01:42:03 PMThey weren't desired either! :laugh:

The inability to distinguish between the desirable and the needed is not as comical as it may seem at first glance. The never ending pursuit of the former is a source of suffering, the latter ensures survival.

DavidW

I've had severe issues with my streamer and after it completely ruined my attempt to listen to Weinberg's 2nd and 21st, I finally gave in and contacted Bluesound's CS.  I think they found a fix and I'm back in business. 

If it didn't work I think I would just take the friction of using my Macbook instead.  Streamers and streaming apps are just not as polished as other modern tech.

I think that I'm right in saying that most of us don't use dedicated streamers?

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: DavidW on Today at 11:00:40 AMI've had severe issues with my streamer and after it completely ruined my attempt to listen to Weinberg's 2nd and 21st, I finally gave in and contacted Bluesound's CS.  I think they found a fix and I'm back in business. 

If it didn't work I think I would just take the friction of using my Macbook instead.  Streamers and streaming apps are just not as polished as other modern tech.

Are you subject to ads using a streaming service?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Spotted Horses

Quote from: DavidW on Today at 11:00:40 AMI've had severe issues with my streamer and after it completely ruined my attempt to listen to Weinberg's 2nd and 21st, I finally gave in and contacted Bluesound's CS.  I think they found a fix and I'm back in business. 

I use Apple Music on a Mac or iPhone, Bluetooth headphones or usb dac. When I had a stereo the dac might connect to my preamp. Now just a headphone amp.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on Today at 11:29:15 AMAre you subject to ads using a streaming service?

PD

Audio streaming, never. Amazon prime video streaming can have ads.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington