The Music Room > General Classical Music Discussion

What are you listening 2 now?

<< < (15328/15982) > >>

Harry:
Wilhelm Friedemann Bach.
Complete Harpsichord Music.
CD II from VI.

Seven Sonatas in C,F, E minor, C, D, E flat, C.

Claudio Astronio plays on a Ugo Casiglia (2014) after Johann Adolph Specken, Germany, 1748.

These seven sonatas are altogether on a higher level, and I like them very much. The music sparkles with bright ideas, and are a creative highlight. Especially the Sonata in E minor, F 204 (BR A9) made a huge impression on me. The playing by Astronio is amazing. He finds the right touch and his timbre is most excellent. This is certainly no hyperbole, but the pleasant truth, The harpsichord after Specken is also a fine example how well a copy can sound. All in all a resounding success and very welcome at this piping hot day with temps over 30° C .

absolutelybaching:
Nicolai Miaskovsky's Symphony No. 9 
    Evgeny Svetlanov, Symphony Orchestra of the Russian Federation, USSR Symphony Orchestra

Possibly my favourite, after the choral-ending 6th.

vandermolen:

--- Quote from: absolutelybaching on August 11, 2022, 10:26:42 PM ---Nicolai Miaskovsky's Symphony No. 9 
    Evgeny Svetlanov, Symphony Orchestra of the Russian Federation, USSR Symphony Orchestra

Possibly my favourite, after the choral-ending 6th.

--- End quote ---
Interesting. 6 is my favourite as well but my other favourites are 3,17,21,24 and 27.

Now Playing: Ole Schmidt 'Jeanne d'Arc' a fine film score. Thanks to André of this forum. It quotes from the folk ballad 'Scarborough Fair' all the way through.

Mandryka:

Op 76/1 A revelation!

ritter:
First listen to this new acquisition:

I'm not the greatest fan of the violin sonata genre, and cannot remember when I last listened to any Grieg, but the (available) discography of pianist Bruno Canino (whom I greatly admire) is not that big, and having him in Fauré was an interesting proposition --particularly at the price I could get this CD for). Be that as it may, the Grieg Violin Sonata No. 3 in C minor, op. 45, is turning out to be quite pleasant, and I'm looking forward to the Fauré Violin Sonata No. 1 in A minor, op. 13 which will follow. Paolo Ardinghi is a name I had never encountered before, but violin playing seems perfectly fine to me (I'm no expert on the matter), and so does Canino at the piano.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version