What are you listening 2 now?

Started by Gurn Blanston, September 23, 2019, 05:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Gesualdo

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on July 01, 2020, 12:53:14 PM
Choux-fleur is apparently cauliflower in English.    Glad that you were able to shop successfully.

Don't know Nikolai Obuhow.  What is his music like?

PD

Thanks I'm trying to eat my vedgy , best I can  cauliflower is a most marinated & spicy, so is mushroom salad, baby spinach is super love spinach, a pack of spaghetini I get 4-5 meals since alone, but when I have guess I cook them souper, I even offer to one dude to learn him to cook stuff, I said I'm a great cook, whit all modesty, I learn whit try and error, now there no place for error my stryr frye are classy fancy whit could says , the great big thing sometime  It take me 2-3 days to make them, marinated, to do them proper I'm a perfectionist at  being a chef, I won't settle for a so-so result or failure, I want it just perfect, even if perfection out of this world, remember folks eat you're vedgies thee dark green ones, the purple one I.e eggplant, onions and fresh garlic, zuchinni and cucumber, baby carrots all good stuff,, when I was young I hate most vedgies especially mushroom but whit the right spice the right ingredient heck anything possible, I know what proper for Fish or meat, but my special is vegan food all do  not strait-forward vegan,and preffered fish sea food to meat.

About Obouhov he an early past century Russian avant-garde composer , a pianiist and inventor ''croix sonore'' he built this  odd instrument , was very smart and bold.I recommended his piano works , hard and rare to get but well worth, the purchase.

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Mirror Image

After watching a documentary on Shchedrin, I wanted to listen to something of his so The Lady with the Lapdog it is!

vandermolen

Quote from: T. D. on July 01, 2020, 02:23:54 PM

Mystery of Time is a marvellous work - one of my favourites.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

listener

George ANTHEIL    Symphony no.3 "American"
Tom Sawyer  Hot-Time Dance    McKpnkey's Ferry   Capital of the World Suite
Frankfurt Radio S.O.    Hugh Wolff, cond.
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

vandermolen

Quote from: listener on July 01, 2020, 11:34:58 PM
George ANTHEIL    Symphony no.3 "American"
Tom Sawyer  Hot-Time Dance    McKpnkey's Ferry   Capital of the World Suite
Frankfurt Radio S.O.    Hugh Wolff, cond.
That's a very enjoyable CD. I've been collecting the Chandos releases as well.

Que

aligreto

JS Bach: Sonata No. 2 BWV 1003/Partita No. 2 BWV 1004 [Milstein]

aligreto

Harry

New arrival, first listen.

La Oreja de Zurbarán.
The Art of Zurbarán reflects the music of his era.

Huelgas Ensemble, Paul van Nevel.

Only good things happening on this CD. As per usual it's a perfect recording.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Harry

Third rerun.

Heino Eller.
Violin Concerto.Symphonic legend,
Fantasy for Violin and orchestra.
Symphony No. 2.

Baiba Skride, Violin.
Estonian National SO, Olari Elts.

Simply gorgeous.

SurprisedByBeauty

Quote from: vandermolen on July 01, 2020, 09:39:37 PM
OT
My daughter's BF is Canadian so she was out celebrating with him yesterday - a late evening Canadian themed picnic in a London park!
That sounds lovely. Of course, celebrating Canada Day consists mostly of going around, being well-behaved, and apologizing to people.  8)

My (future) better half, too, is Canadian... so I'm partially invested.

TD: Always on the lookout for good versions of these particular Haydn symphonies.

#morninglistening to #Haydn #symphonies 6-8 w/ #OrfeoOrchestra under #GyörgyVashegyi on #ACCENTrecords /
@Note_1

: http://a-fwd.to/4664xTp

Harry

Third rerun.

Edmund Rubbra.

Symphonies 6 & 8.
Soliloquy for Cello and orchestra.

Philharmonia Orchestra, Norman Del Mar.
Rohan de Saram, Cello.

Absolute sublime performances, and music to die for. Recording is top notch too.

aligreto

JC Bach: Sinfonias Op. 18 Nos. 1-3 [Gmur]

Another fine offering from Gmur in this wonderful music.

Biffo

Milhaud: Ouverture philharmonique
Delius: Intermezzo from Fennimore and Gerda
Beethoven: Piano Concerto No 4 in G major, Op 58

New York Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Sir John Barbirolli with Gina Bachauer piano

Recorded live: Philharmonic Hall, New York, 30 November 1962

Reasonable mono sound that seems to improve as the concert progresses. Fine performance of the Beethoven.

Maestro267

Shostakovich: Symphony No. 5 in D minor
Royal Liverpool PO/Petrenko

Madiel

Schoenberg

A Survivor from Warsaw

Phantasy for violin and piano

I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Madiel

Grieg: 25 Norwegian Folk Songs and Dances, op.17

I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!