What are you listening 2 now?

Started by Gurn Blanston, September 23, 2019, 05:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linz

Debussy

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Quote from: absolutelybaching on June 28, 2022, 08:25:59 AM
Camille Saint-Saëns' Symphony No. 3 'Organ' 
    Charles Munch, Boston Symphony Orchestra, Berj Zamkochian (organ)

An oldie, but a goodie! Amazing sound for 1959, too.

Killer album!

JBS

Tonight's program
CD 10, some choral works

Followed by

The cello sonatas seem more interesting than the Bagatelles
Finally CD 5

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Operafreak

Transcriptions of Concertos

Ivo Janssen  piano
The true adversary will inspire you with boundless courage.

Symphonic Addict

Respighi: Sinfonia Drammatica

A long-time fave.

Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Carlo Gesualdo

Listening to fabulous release perhas the best album of Cristobal DE Morales, preform by Ensemble Jachet DE Mantoue of Northen France I'm pretty ur  for the ensemble, they are prodigius not just whit Jachet DE Mantoue  aka Jacquet Of Mantua  aka Jachet Of Mantua, he has many name, but hte focud of my intervention tonight, is to focus on excelent Cristobal DE Morales double mass CD media album superior, delight , I give thsi release high estime it won price but non out of print  of other release of this ensemble on Calipoe Label France favorite  label for Renaissance the BMW  prenium label provider of quality m super Renaissance  renaissance polyphony  very nice syncronicity, perfect ,well Balance, recordings for there respective time release mostly the 1995-2010 (if accurate) top notch prenium album of 2008 . Another Ensemble Admirable & notable  and grandiose is  whit also notable Ensemble The Clerks of Oxenford for there Robert White Laments Of Prophets Jeremiah + Motets o ncalioe you don't know own good this is I havr this mint  & The Play of Daniel Lithirgic Drama of ancient lore, very good have it in LP, mastering of album , sound equalibrium oure magic,  than  I have an album CD media:Tallis , Shepard, Parson

Operafreak

Korngold: Chamber Music- Eusebius Quartet, Alisdair Beatson (piano)

Madiel

Sibelius, The Maiden in the Tower again. Only this time conducted by Paavo Järvi instead of Neeme Järvi. The family has a healthy share of the market...

The sound is better and the soprano is a lot less shrill. But it's still not one of Sibelius' best works. I now know that people criticised the libretto from the very beginning.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Que

Traverso

Que

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

vandermolen

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on June 28, 2022, 05:34:43 PM
Blomdahl: Symphony No. 2
Atterberg: Symphony No. 6

Interesting Cesar. Blomdahl's 1st Symphony is the one that stands out most for me.

Now Playing:
Arthur Butterworth: Symphony No.4 - my favourite of his symphonies; a craggy score showing some influence, in places, of Sibelius, especially 'The Tempest':

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Papy Oli

Good morning all,

A first listen to Beethoven's Fidelio.

Ah, So that's where a GMG member's name come from  :-[
Olivier

vandermolen

Quote from: absolutelybaching on June 29, 2022, 12:37:11 AM
Sergei Rachmaninov's The Isle of the Dead 
    Vladimir Ashkenazy, Concertgebouw Orchestra
Looks like a great CD!

Operafreak

Mozart With Friends: Nils Mönkemeyer/ Nils Mönkemeyer featuring Sabine Meyer, Julia Fischer & William Youn

ritter

Quote from: Papy Oli on June 29, 2022, 12:41:12 AM
Good morning all,

Beautiful work (flaws and all). A perennial favourite of mine (even if I don't know that particular recording).

I think that our esteemed member's name comes from somewhere else, Schumann's Carnaval (but perhaps he can enlighten us).  :)

Good day to you, Olivier.

Lisztianwagner

Quote from: Papy Oli on June 29, 2022, 12:41:12 AM
Good morning all,

Good morning to you too, I hope you'll enjoy the recording, it's one of the best versions for Fidelio in my opinion!
Yes, maybe the name can come from Beethoven's opera, he's actually an opera fan.  :-\

Quote from: ritter on June 29, 2022, 01:48:35 AM
Beautiful work (flaws and all). A perennial favourite of mine (even if I don't know that particular recording).

I think that our esteemed member's name comes from somewhere else, Schumann's Carnaval (but perhaps he can enlighten us).  :)

+1

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

Traverso

Beethoven

Missa Solemnis

I have a soft spot for this recording and the same goes for the Klemperer recording

Papy Oli

Quote from: ritter on June 29, 2022, 01:48:35 AM

Quote from: Lisztianwagner on June 29, 2022, 02:09:13 AM
Good morning to you too, I hope you'll enjoy the recording, it's one of the best versions for Fidelio in my opinion!
Yes, maybe the name can come from Beethoven's opera, he's actually an opera fan.  :-\

Hello both,
Very (very!) early days for me in the opera world but so far so good!  ;D

Rafael, do you have a favourite recording for Fidelio ?
Olivier