Previous topic - Next topic

Traverso

Kurtág

Songs of Despair and Sorrow

Four Poems by Anna Akhmatova

Colindă-Baladă

Brefs and Messages 

Harry

If I cannot find the complete Symphonies of Dvorak, by Jarvi for a better price then 70 euros I will buy them from JPC de. It is what it is.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

SonicMan46

Mendelssohn, Felix (1809-1847) - teenage works from 1823-26 on 3 discs - see cover art for the chamber pieces performed on period instruments. Crawford plays an 1835 restored Conrad Graf fortepiano - for some comments see Brian's interview w/ her which appeared on Music Web HERE - Dave :)

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on December 09, 2022, 08:00:04 AMI see that the original CD releases were paired with other works; so, you're just wanting to get the rest of the symphonies--period?  If so, which ones are you missing?

Roasted Swan also made a suggestion (see above).

Quote from: Harry on December 09, 2022, 08:07:56 AMNo, 5-9
Someone burned a few CD's for me, but neither my Quad or Esoteric player will play them, so I must somehow find secondhand copies for an reasonable price.
I found some of them here.  As I'm sure that your Dutch is Much better than mine, I'll let you look into it further: 

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/234787958028?hash=item36aa73ed0c:g:6aAAAOSwIsdjemPy&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoP3o7gG%2FL66QeUTJH8B41Fiz%2Bsa5uw%2FKZ1ERMw0aJ3yvMz0Ag1wtUrWid7o7JbHqmqB%2FOj9XCsKk7DegFBgFK7JPXn2jrjPm5fC2i2iC7P4mjn5cP7%2Fh4jPAY1SAp1ipRGL92BjzuYBN%2FaMvgqVpqlXk7Cqfd5z81bggYZOccyOqLqd8SOyKlLMlVbLfF2G8YY%2FJJYrIvUwdgEriwBiMX4s%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR9bLqICfYQ

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/385261897271?hash=item59b3660637:g:luQAAOSwUcBjE0T8&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4IzsPEDcM%2Fd6eUhN55Z9wfyMngF7rGm4LX38759lceAxGNlVV7lZLaEFByeEN7RdhoIcwHt7Jt6C%2FLuxJRHTPrmH1hUbP9DLtL8G7uo0Guf0z7LknuXSCAjBjEfLjTjWjKGZw9fncIcqCs2%2BBu8Zo2xXoy9TL6QuTnckrowFCGAYfqXtcxuFpX3Y%2BCC2gQaDMhWct3UeWoK1JpzXnB79hpkThUhbwnhVM1Q96kqgOhneM54m2quG%2BbIoOajxBcwrQnB6%2FaVYePujnWb44S%2FNgppKCQBdbximSnXE7crsM%2Bzz%7Ctkp%3ABFBM1suogJ9h  No. 6

If you do your digging (and are also willing to be patient), you might find more than one available from the same seller (which hopefully would help you with shipping costs).

PD

p.s.  I didn't scroll through all of the listings; I'll leave that up to you.  ;) Do you know the names of any good used CD stores in the Netherlands?  You might try either checking their websites and/or call them to see whether or not they might have any of them.
Pohjolas Daughter

Harry

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on December 09, 2022, 09:03:51 AMI found some of them here.  As I'm sure that your Dutch is Much better than mine, I'll let you look into it further: 

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/234787958028?hash=item36aa73ed0c:g:6aAAAOSwIsdjemPy&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoP3o7gG%2FL66QeUTJH8B41Fiz%2Bsa5uw%2FKZ1ERMw0aJ3yvMz0Ag1wtUrWid7o7JbHqmqB%2FOj9XCsKk7DegFBgFK7JPXn2jrjPm5fC2i2iC7P4mjn5cP7%2Fh4jPAY1SAp1ipRGL92BjzuYBN%2FaMvgqVpqlXk7Cqfd5z81bggYZOccyOqLqd8SOyKlLMlVbLfF2G8YY%2FJJYrIvUwdgEriwBiMX4s%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR9bLqICfYQ

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/385261897271?hash=item59b3660637:g:luQAAOSwUcBjE0T8&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4IzsPEDcM%2Fd6eUhN55Z9wfyMngF7rGm4LX38759lceAxGNlVV7lZLaEFByeEN7RdhoIcwHt7Jt6C%2FLuxJRHTPrmH1hUbP9DLtL8G7uo0Guf0z7LknuXSCAjBjEfLjTjWjKGZw9fncIcqCs2%2BBu8Zo2xXoy9TL6QuTnckrowFCGAYfqXtcxuFpX3Y%2BCC2gQaDMhWct3UeWoK1JpzXnB79hpkThUhbwnhVM1Q96kqgOhneM54m2quG%2BbIoOajxBcwrQnB6%2FaVYePujnWb44S%2FNgppKCQBdbximSnXE7crsM%2Bzz%7Ctkp%3ABFBM1suogJ9h  No. 6

If you do your digging (and are also willing to be patient), you might find more than one available from the same seller (which hopefully would help you with shipping costs).

PD

p.s.  I didn't scroll through all of the listings; I'll leave that up to you.  ;) Do you know the names of any good used CD stores in the Netherlands?  You might try either checking their websites and/or call them to see whether or not they might have any of them.

Thank you PD I will dive into it.!

jlopes

Todd

Liszt and Pärt do not necessarily seem like natural discmates, but Vanessa Wagner has other ideas.  By blending a big chunk of Liszt's Harmonies Poétiques et Religieuses (including Cantique d'amour, which is not listed in the booklet) with three selections from Pärt, one gets where she is coming from.  In an interview in the liner notes, she states that this is not a concept disc, but rather a recording focused on different expressive styles of spirituality, and that she senses an innate similarity between the two composers.  If it works for her, it works for me.  The Liszt selections tend toward the slightly quick, slimmed down, not OTT romantic side, while the Pärt sounds austere as all get out.  Wagner mentions her high regard for Für Alina, and it shows.  The Liszt does not perhaps match up to the best of the best in the included pieces - though her take on Funérailles boasts some of the finest, most delicate right hand playing I've heard - but it is more than good enough to make me wish she had just recorded the whole thing.  And her Pärt makes me want to investigate more piano music from him.  Superb sound.  Those French micro-labels always punch above their weight.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: Roasted Swan on December 08, 2022, 10:42:00 PMLove the music but that Mata/Chavez set has to be one of the most disappointing/least met my expectations boxes I know.  On paper it should be a dream-team for this repertoire but everyone sounds so uninvolved!

It could be, but it's the only recording I know of the piece, and believe it or not it wasn't as bad to my ears.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Lisztianwagner

Johann Sebastian Bach
Goldberg Variations

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

JBS

Quote from: Harry on December 09, 2022, 09:21:00 AMThank you PD I will dive into it.!
@Harry
The 6 CD set (w/o the tone poems) is listed on AmazonUS Marketplace for approximately $55 US. The vendor is I-Deals.
Obviously I have no idea what shipping from the US to Europe and Dutch customs duties will add on to that.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

prémont

Quote from: Harry on December 09, 2022, 07:52:39 AMThe postage would not be a problem but the import duties would finish me. I had one experience with importing CD's from England.

Yes, quite a problem for those of us who chose to stay in the EU. I don't purchase physical CDs from Great Britain any more.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Harry

Quote from: JBS on December 09, 2022, 10:30:24 AM@Harry
The 6 CD set (w/o the tone poems) is listed on AmazonUS Marketplace for approximately $55 US. The vendor is I-Deals.
Obviously I have no idea what shipping from the US to Europe and Dutch customs duties will add on to that.

Double the price, that would be it.

ritter

Aldo Ciccolini plays Granados' Goyescas.

Faster tempi than usual, but not bad, not bad at all....

JBS

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Mandryka

Quote from: premont on December 09, 2022, 10:39:52 AMYes, quite a problem for those of us who chose to stay in the EU. I don't purchase physical CDs from Great Britain any more.

It's quite interesting because amazon.fr have made it so easy to import into the UK, with hardly any extra cost for import charges, if any at all. I'm almost inclined to say that amazon.fr is the only positive effect of Brexit so far.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Linz

Bruckner Symphony No. 8 in C Minor

SonicMan46

Mendelssohn, Felix - Chamber Works w/ piano, clarinet, et al - Dave :)

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Alice Sara Ott. Chopin Waltzes.

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot