Rain Leaking into Car -- Help!!!

Started by Mandryka, November 15, 2019, 12:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken B

Have you tried giving Prince Andrew a lift? I hear he stays dry.

vandermolen

Quote from: Mandryka on November 15, 2019, 12:02:36 AM
It's a Nissan Micra, just 18K miles on the clock. Rainwater collects in spare tire well, and can accumulate down to foot-well on from passenger seat.

Nissan dealership thought it was the gaskets on tail lights, but the problem persists.

A local mechanic thought he found a hole in a seam on the bodywork, he welded it. The problem persists.

I really don't know what to do next (other than get rid of the car!) Any suggestions very much appreciated.

Couldn't you go back to the local mechanic and ask him to have another look at it? We've just had water dripping down the walls from the roof. A local plumber had a look at it and did some repairs but it persisted. So he came back and now it seems fixed.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mandryka

Quote from: vandermolen on November 17, 2019, 11:36:41 AM
Couldn't you go back to the local mechanic and ask him to have another look at it? We've just had water dripping down the walls from the roof. A local plumber had a look at it and did some repairs but it persisted. So he came back and now it seems fixed.

Yes there's an appointment scheduled on Tuesday.

(I noticed the weather forecast says rain on Wednesday  :o)
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darĂ¼ber muss man schweigen

Ratliff