HRH Prince Andrew.

Started by Irons, November 18, 2019, 12:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irons

How Andrew against all advice thought it a good idea to give an hour-long interview on British TV to attempt to clear his name from the Epstein scandal defies belief. A well known saying - when in a hole stop digging! What did him most of all is the lack of empathy he showed to the victims of a paedophile. His excuses quite frankly sounded ridiculous, the British papers are having a field day picking apart his denials of wrong-doing. I'm not sure he is going to get away with this - what is the view the other side of the pond?
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

dissily Mordentroge

Quote from: Irons on November 18, 2019, 12:22:01 AM
How Andrew against all advice thought it a good idea to give an hour-long interview on British TV to attempt to clear his name from the Epstein scandal defies belief. A well known saying - when in a hole stop digging! What did him most of all is the lack of empathy he showed to the victims of a paedophile. His excuses quite frankly sounded ridiculous, the British papers are having a field day picking apart his denials of wrong-doing. I'm not sure he is going to get away with this - what is the view the other side of the pond?
Don't know about the other side of the pond but in Australia where we are supposed to regard Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth is our head of state I couldn't care less. The British Royal Family is an ignoble line sprinkled with numerous adulterers, murderers, perverts, lunatics etc stretching back centuries. Why should we expect this generation to be any different? As to the specifics of this latest scandal it will sell stacks of cheap and nasty magazines adding again to Rupert Murdock's bank balance. The particular case Prince Andrew was supposedly involved in is as yet of unknown reality. Sadly since the ME TOO thing got going a number of opportunistic 'victims' have jumped on the bandwagon making genuine cases now suspect in the public mind. Eventually boredom sets in. Not like the old days when Anthony Armstrong Jones dabbling with his enormous member on both sides of the fence was fuel for millions of erotic fantasies.

Irons

Quote from: dissily Mordentroge on November 18, 2019, 12:48:29 AM
Don't know about the other side of the pond but in Australia where we are supposed to regard Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth is our head of state I couldn't care less. The British Royal Family is an ignoble line sprinkled with numerous adulterers, murderers, perverts, lunatics etc stretching back centuries. My should we expect this generation to be any different? As to the specifics of this latest scandal it will sell stacks of cheap and nasty magazines adding again to Rupert Murdock's bank balance. The particular case Prince Andrew was supposedly involved in is as yet of unknown reality. Sadly since the ME TOO thing got going a number of opportunistic 'victims' have jumped on the bandwagon making genuine cases now suspect in the public mind. Eventually boredom sets in. Not like the old days when Anthony Armstrong Jones dabbling with his enormous member on both sides of the fence was fuel for millions of erotic fantasies.

You learn something every day! Anthony Armstrong Jones had an enormous member - lucky chap.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

Ken B

He embodies the essence of calm composure: never let 'em see you sweat.
I especially admired his stoical recovery: without treatment, or indeed diagnosis, he was able to overcome a rare (even singular) affliction so that now he might — he has the common touch — perspire.

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Irons

JBS

Quote from: Irons on November 18, 2019, 12:22:01 AM

This side of the pond has Trump to deal with, so  Prince Andrew's  case is very tangential, and there are enough homegrown scandals about Epstein, revolving around the guards at the jail where he died, the possibility he was murdered, and the involvement of Bill Clinton and others, that HRH is purely collateral damage.  (And Epstein had enough connections on both sides of the aisle to think that coverup and sweeping under the rug will be final result, unless the press is unusually diligent.)

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

André

Why such an interest for what people « from across the pond » think? It's almost like a Spike and Chester relationship  :D

greg

I heard about this, might be amusing to watch.
What I don't get is the idea of a billionaire pedo ring. So there's only 2000 or so billionaires in the world, even if there's only like 20 involved, wouldn't that be more than the average population?  Or would it be larger because they have more confidence they can get away with their crimes?
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

Irons

Quote from: JBS on November 18, 2019, 07:39:10 AM
This side of the pond has Trump to deal with, so  Prince Andrew's  case is very tangential, and there are enough homegrown scandals about Epstein, revolving around the guards at the jail where he died, the possibility he was murdered, and the involvement of Bill Clinton and others, that HRH is purely collateral damage.  (And Epstein had enough connections on both sides of the aisle to think that coverup and sweeping under the rug will be final result, unless the press is unusually diligent.)

That is interesting. The Queen is a treasure but the rest of them .......! I guess you are not paying for them like we are so the hypocrisy and untruths doesn't cut deep. I wonder if the Prince will ever set foot in the US again? I think not.

Ken B

Quote from: Irons on November 18, 2019, 01:17:39 PM
That is interesting. The Queen is a treasure but the rest of them .......! I guess you are not paying for them like we are so the hypocrisy and untruths doesn't cut deep. I wonder if the Prince will ever set foot in the US again? I think not.
He will probably find a more "convenient" place to stay ...

JBS

I think "Randy Andy" was probably the best liked member of the royal brood here when he was in his 20s and 30s, but all of them have gotten tarnished in the ensuing years. The wives of the princes were/are probably better liked than the princes (Diana and Fergie, and in the newer generation Kate and Meghan)

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

dissily Mordentroge

Quote from: JBS on November 18, 2019, 07:39:10 AM
How long before the conspiracy theorists imagine connections between Princess Diana's death and Epstein's?
Not that I don't think there was something very suspicious about Epstien's departure from the planet.

Herman

That is interesting. The Queen is a treasure but the rest of them .......!

That's a mistake. If all the kids are bungling idiots, there's likely something wrong at the source, too. The mom and dad.

Reportedly Andy is the Queen's favorite and though I don't want to hurt Charles's feelings (him of the stupid marriage to Diana, the ten boiled eggs at breakfast (so he can pick the best and throw out the other nine) and travelling with a toilet seat  -  and still pretend to be environmentally minded) Andy surely is the stupidest and silliest in the bunch.

The Queen okayed the interview. And not a 10-minute interview, but a full hour. No one comes out of such a long interview unscathed.

The problem is these people, Elizabeth, Philip, Charles, Andrew and Anne, all think they're absolutely great and nothing will ever stick to them, because they have staff for carrying around their toilet seats.

It's stunning to see Andrew and his communications staff have been planning this appearance for weeks if not months, and all he can come up with for every painful matter is saying he's too "honourable" to do stuff in a normal way. And nothing has been thought through. His explanation for the four day visit after Epsteins jail time is he wanted to break off the friendship. That would be the honourable thing to do. Really? If you want to do that (not picking up the phone is also an idea) you meet some place downtown and say goodbye. You don't stay for four days at Epstein's place and enjoy a couple of parties.

The phrase "insult to one's intelligence" comes up.

Herman

Quote from: greg on November 18, 2019, 10:13:57 AM
What I don't get is the idea of a billionaire pedo ring. So there's only 2000 or so billionaires in the world, even if there's only like 20 involved, wouldn't that be more than the average population?  Or would it be larger because they have more confidence they can get away with their crimes?

1 people are called billionaire rather fast these days. Think Trump, who most likely is not a billionaire. Neither was Epstein.

2 Answer to your last question: you got it.

Irons

Quote from: Herman on November 19, 2019, 03:14:06 AM
That's a mistake. If all the kids are bungling idiots, there's likely something wrong at the source, too. The mom and dad.

Reportedly Andy is the Queen's favorite and though I don't want to hurt Charles's feelings (him of the stupid marriage to Diana, the ten boiled eggs at breakfast (so he can pick the best and throw out the other nine) and travelling with a toilet seat  -  and still pretend to be environmentally minded) Andy surely is the stupidest and silliest in the bunch.

The Queen okayed the interview. And not a 10-minute interview, but a full hour. No one comes out of such a long interview unscathed.

The problem is these people, Elizabeth, Philip, Charles, Andrew and Anne, all think they're absolutely great and nothing will ever stick to them, because they have staff for carrying around their toilet seats.

It's stunning to see Andrew and his communications staff have been planning this appearance for weeks if not months, and all he can come up with for every painful matter is saying he's too "honourable" to do stuff in a normal way. And nothing has been thought through. His explanation for the four day visit after Epsteins jail time is he wanted to break off the friendship. That would be the honourable thing to do. Really? If you want to do that (not picking up the phone is also an idea) you meet some place downtown and say goodbye. You don't stay for four days at Epstein's place and enjoy a couple of parties.

The phrase "insult to one's intelligence" comes up.

I agree with most what you say with the exception of the Queen. Would you ask for advice to how to handle the Press by your 93 year old mum? They have advisers for this sort of stuff. You are right though, her kids and grand kids are not much short of a disaster. Harry was the blue-eyed boy but since Meghan came along that has gone down the tubes. That a 93 year old women is keeping it all together is a worry - for them.

dissily Mordentroge

Quote from: greg on November 18, 2019, 10:13:57 AM
Me Too exponents may want to castrate me for this but isn't it the case money is an aphrodisiac?

dissily Mordentroge

Quote from: Irons on November 19, 2019, 06:52:56 AM
Harry was the blue-eyed boy but since Meghan came along that has gone down the tubes. .
You've been swallowing too much media mud. Besides, keep in mind Harry's mother's treatment by those parasites and how it influences his behavior. Can we blame him?

Irons

Quote from: dissily Mordentroge on November 19, 2019, 08:39:39 PM
You've been swallowing too much media mud. Besides, keep in mind Harry's mother's treatment by those parasites and how it influences his behavior. Can we blame him?

The Royal Family live or die by the sword media. Public perception is everything.

Harry's mother wasn't treated too well by her husband either.

dissily Mordentroge

And to think one day he'll be the head of the Anglican Church. Not that that's any guarantee of respectability.