Coming back to GMG

Started by jess, November 22, 2019, 02:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jess

Hello! It's been a little while and I doubt many will remember me, but I used to frequent this site from about the end of 2015 until maybe some time in 2017 or 2018 (I have gone through a bit of a crisis in that time; many things in my life went through some rapid change and my mental health had been deteriorating for a while until I managed to work out with the help of my friends, family, counsellors and a psychologist that I'd be best off transitioning to female in the near future instead of trying to force myself to fit to my birth-assigned gender)

You can call me Jess  ;D

I am a composer and a chorister and I do a bit of conducting and guitar playing on the side, and I have a bit of an interest in economics and Doctor Who outside of music.

Looking forward to being a regular here again  ;)

vandermolen

Welcome back and wishing you well.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mirror Image

Welcome back! I never quite understood why you deleted your original account, but it's great to see you on GMG again.

AlberichUndHagen

Papy Oli

Olivier

Cato

Quote from: jess on November 22, 2019, 02:44:42 AM

You can call me Jess  ;D

I am a composer and a chorister and I do a bit of conducting and guitar playing on the side, and I have a bit of an interest in economics and Doctor Who outside of music.

GMG will always welcome its sheep wandering back home!  0:)
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

André

Hi Jess! Hope your transition goes well. Good to see you back  :)

Karl Henning

Hello! It's been a little while and I doubt many will remember me, but I used to frequent this site from about the end of 2015 until maybe some time in 2017 or 2018 (I have gone through a bit of a crisis in that time; many things in my life went through some rapid change and my mental health had been deteriorating for a while until I managed to work out with the help of my friends, family, counsellors and a psychologist that I'd be best off transitioning to female in the near future instead of trying to force myself to fit to my birth-assigned gender)

You can call me Jess  ;D

Welcome back, Jess!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

jess

Thank you so much for your kind words of welcome!

I guess I had better make a start again on the main forum now. ;D

SimonNZ

Hey, Jess! Great to see you back, and good to hear things are improving for you.

Are you still composing? Anything you're especially happy with since you've been away?

jess

Quote from: SimonNZ on November 23, 2019, 01:56:11 PM
Hey, Jess! Great to see you back, and good to hear things are improving for you.

Are you still composing? Anything you're especially happy with since you've been away?
Ahh hello Simon! Lovely to see you here again!

Yep I have been composing, but really not very much. In my own personal composition thread I have written about some stuff I have worked on this year, but all the exciting things are gonna be happening next year it seems.

Oh, I didn't mention that I also have a piece for garklein and pedal effects going to be premiered by ELISION Ensemble at some stage.....

aligreto

You can call me Jess  ;D

Welcome back and it is good to see that you are emerging from a dark tunnel. Continued success to you.  :)

Iota

Quote from: aligreto on November 24, 2019, 06:36:45 AM
Welcome back and it is good to see that you are emerging from a dark tunnel. Continued success to you.  :)

Indeed!  :)

North Star

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

ritter

vandermolen

Quote from: aligreto on November 24, 2019, 06:36:45 AM
+1
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).